The 46th President Joe Biden

Biden seems to be transforming himself into Forrest Gump, and America into another version of we don't care less Trump version of America.

We have Afghanistan deserted because he thought Americans were dying there - when only one had in the last year. Result 8 million starving Afghans, human rights collapsing and a return of al queda, and ISIS,

We have The Ukraine - where the rhetoric is we will meet our treaty commitments to ensure the sovereignty of Afghanistan, but the response has been just to offer to try for economic sanctions and offer aid after the country is invaded, while the immediate response is to send machine gun bullets - to fight Russian airpower, artillery and tanks., with suggestions something more useful might arrive after the event.

Nothing is being done to deter Russia - even though articles are appearing from past US policymakers in the Washington Post detailing how similar threats were deterred in the past - by rendering Russian action impossible with tiny numbers of Americans sent on non combat missions to get in the way- One example being Georgia - where a Russian advance further south in 2008 halted after American aid aircraft arrived on Georgian airfields, and a US navy ship made a port visit to a town the Russians were advancing near.

And now Biden is passing on the Iranian nuclear bomb programme. The US and Europeans have decided Iran is wasting time, and giving nothing necessary. in the talks on controls, to enable the programme to be stopped and monitored, Even the Germans have said that they see no progress , and time is fast running out. Iran has now made more Uranium enriched to 60% and is nearer a bomb than ever. Israel has decided that if Iran goes the last step , and further enriches to 90% - the ability to make a bomb will be imminent. Its design will probably helped by joint work on the North Korean bombs - which Iran helped fund. As Iran has threatened to destroy Israel, and Israel is hyper vulnerable to a nuclear attack given its small area, Israel has now set a deadline for an agreement, after which it will act militarily to stop the bombs emerging.

Israel has since moved to a rolling series of exercises against a regional war started by Iran, if its programme is attacked, And Israel will be running practice attack exercises in the spring. Its PM has also been off to see the leaders of Jordan, the Gulf States, and Egypt- who effectively form a coalition of Israel and most Sunni states- who also can't live with an aggressive nuclear armed Iran.

The US response is reportedly that they won't veto an Israeli attempt to deal with the problem . US military chiefs have told Iran that the US may act itself. But the Biden administration seems to be moving to let the Israelis deal with it alone - even though the US alone has built the heavy weapons and aircraft to carry them ,to reliably deal with the bunkers Iran's nuclear facilities live in. America it seems will give Israel the money to deal with the repairs after Iran hits back , will help treat the Israeli casualties, will beef up Israel's air and missile defences against Iranian attack, and will replenish any aircraft losses the Israelis take,.

This potentially is Biden opting out of any role in world security - not least because serial doing nothing undermines US credibility to do anything , to deter anyone else, or to reassure allies. It also here creates a situation where America would eventually have to either step in and deal with a massive war in the region, or see the world's oil supply and economy disturbed badly by military action . And, if the local's attempt to stop Iran was unsuccessful , we may see US allies in the region racing to to build their own nuclear weapons before Iran did.

We could have covid , followed by a crisis with Russia, and then the biggest war in the Middle East - with the biggest economic effects of a war there, since the slump of 1973, and then a nuclear arms race throughout the Arab world. All because Biden can't bring himself to make Iran an offer it can't refuse, or deal with the issue as his planners have prepared for for the last decade.

Trump had already announced May pull out from Afghanistan. Albeit Biden delayed it and thus owns it. He should have kept the May date.

Iran nuclear - Trump unilaterally pulled out thus giving Iran the reason to start enriching. Biden is trapped with Trump's decision and simply cannot reverse it totally without Israel (undeclared nuclear power) and US Israeli crying bloody murder. Historically, ME crisis with Iran is US/UK creation when CIA overthrew a nationalist democratic government to put the laps dog Shah in power just to protect its oil corporations. Every country has the right to defend itself in any way it sees fit. Let's not forget US reaction when USSR placed missiles in Cuba. Or why has the nuclear powers given up their nukes and exempts themselves from the NPT?

Ukraine and Russia today is much ado about nothing. Both Putin and Biden needs a distraction for their internal reasons. Russia does not need start a war they can literally freeze Europe and Ukraine this coming winter just by limiting its gas exports to Europe through Ukraine and the under sea pipe between Russia and Germany.

You may want to look at the actual images of the Trump rally. Not some fake photoshopped nonsense.
I still think it was a great turnout for someone that is not even running, at this time of the year almost Christmas, with the omicron virus rampant. Sleepy Joe at his peak could not get a line in the road to greet him. But hey ho you see one thing and I see another. Usually the left says crowds count for nothing but when it's Trump suddenly they do. A bit like the video views if its the whitehouse videos for Biden that are lackluster then it is meaningless but if its Trump then its very meaningful.

Last edited:
I still think it was a great turnout for someone that is not even running, at this time of the year almost Christmas, with the omicron virus rampant. Sleepy Joe at his peak could not get a line in the road to greet him. But hey ho you see one thing and I see another. Usually the left says crowds count for nothing but when it Trump suddenly they do. A bit like the video views if its the whitehouse videos for Biden that are lackluster then it is meaningless but if its Trump then its very meaningful.
You're being disengenuous. Before the election comparisons were drawn between donald's crowds and those attending Biden's Town Halls. Difference being of course that Biden was conscious of Covid and donald wanted mass adulation.

Right now Biden is doing what a president should be doing, quietly and without fanfare, getting the job done. We've become accustomed to the bluster and grift, we've forgotten what a real president does.

I still think it was a great turnout for someone that is not even running, at this time of the year almost Christmas, with the omicron virus rampant. Sleepy Joe at his peak could not get a line in the road to greet him. But hey ho you see one thing and I see another. Usually the left says crowds count for nothing but when it's Trump suddenly they do. A bit like the video views if its the whitehouse videos for Biden that are lackluster then it is meaningless but if its Trump then its very meaningful.
You are missing the point.

This is nothing about me seeing one thing and you seeing another as if we are talking about opinions.

You posted a fake image of a full Trump rally. I suggested looking at actual photos showing the actual crowd, which was considerably smaller. I couldn't care less what size crowds Trump or Biden get. I'm more interested in actual facts and truth being posted.

Last edited:
You are missing the point.

There is nothing about me seeing one thing and you seeing another as if we are talking about opinions.

You posted a fake image of a full Trump rally. I suggested looking at actual photos showing the actual crowd, which was considerably smaller. I couldn't care less what size crowds Trump or Biden get. I'm more interested in actual facts and truth being posted.

What are you talking about, this was the largest ever audience at a Texas rally, PERIOD!

WelloffSimilarApatosaur-max-1mb.gif

Joe’s on giving his big Omicron warning speech.

Biden’s screwed up with Covid testing. He should have ramped up test supply and given them out free as soon as he took power. Instead, Americans are queuing round the block for testing like we are for vaccines. And tests, which are really pricey - CNN said 15 bucks for two LFTs - have sold out in shops and pharmacies.

It was reported that the US government considered it impractical to send out free tests to people’s homes and give them away in pharmacies. Now they plan to do it after being made to look silly by Europe. Problem is, Omicron will beat both their testing and vaccine roll out.

And to think, the stick Hancock got in our media for supposedly not sorting out testing fast enough!!

Biden’s screwed up with Covid testing. He should have ramped up test supply and given them out free as soon as he took power. Instead, Americans are queuing round the block for testing like we are for vaccines. And tests, which are really pricey - CNN said 15 bucks for two LFTs - have sold out in shops and pharmacies.

It was reported that the US government considered it impractical to send out free tests to people’s homes and give them away in pharmacies. Now they plan to do it after being made to look silly by Europe. Problem is, Omicron will beat both their testing and vaccine roll out.

And to think, the stick Hancock got in our media for supposedly not sorting out testing fast enough!!

A month ago it was near impossible to buy a Home Test Kit off the shelf, I had to order them from Walgreens Online and it took 3 weeks to arrive.

It cost $25 for a pack of two tests.

People were telling Biden the Administration has screwed up on Testing months ago, so this evening claiming Omicron is to blame for the shortage is a lie.

/* The problem in finding an earlier article is now made difficult by all the articles in the past hour who've only just discovered a problem with testinf

But in September the New York Times was noting that tests were readily available in Europe but not in the US

Also in September 2021 people were already saying the US had problems in getting At-Home tests

There seems to be something missing in the US election system 'checks and balances' - especially at State level.
The US is showing just how dangerous Party Politics can be, when it takes on a Party before Country policy.

Another move to make it more difficult to vote - for voters who are more likely to vote Democrat.

And the intimidation of electoral workers.

It's difficult to prevent partisan interference in the election control process.

Last edited:
Another move to make it more difficult to vote - for voters who are more likely to vote Democrat.

And the intimidation of electoral workers.

It's difficult to prevent partisan interference in the election control process.

The problem I have with Maddow is that she gives a whiff of a news article without all the details.

You have to look up the story to get the full picture.

It's a proposal, not voted on yet. It''s also likely to backfire. because while almost a third of the county are black, and liberal, they also vote conservative on social issues. Bush used to count on black voters to show up at the polls.

There are also movements by church groups to retaliate by having voters driven to the polls for early voting.

Still very little action to curb the intimidation of Election workers.

Still very little action to curb the intimidation of Election workers.

I'd rather hoped that people, neighbours of those election workers would step up and protect them, but perhaps there is no neighbourliness in the USA

I'd rather hoped that people, neighbours of those election workers would step up and protect them, but perhaps there is no neighbourliness in the USA

It's mostly online threats.
It would require the DOJ to start pushing for Law enforcement to identify and prosecute those they think they can charge and get convictions.

The threats are an example of pernicious polarization, whereby each side thinks the worst of the other. It’s hard to repair due to the animosity.

Usually terroristic threats are taken seriously. LE should be able to trace at least some of the callers and make an example of them.

Kamala says the USA is the world's oldest and greatest democracy

Guess it depends on what you mean by democracy.

Kamala is a brilliant woman. How can she even say this with a straight face? Never trust speech writers!

Yes, as was discussed in the Trump thread, some academics now consider the US to be an anocracy - half way to an autocracy.

Yes, as was discussed in the Trump thread, some academics now consider the US to be an anocracy - half way to an autocracy.
The USA was built out of a civil war and it will end the same way

Kamala is a brilliant woman. How can she even say this with a straight face? Never trust speech writers!
It's a common belief in the USA -

So it's true - as long as you adopt a definition which puts USA as number 1.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom