The 3 burials of Melquiades Estrada

the hoff

Watched this film last night. Really enjoyed it. A very atmospheric and quite moving Western. Not for everyone, but if you like your westerns you will love it.
Note for AV fans the picture was quite exceptional clarity in places. Lovely atmospheric soundtrack too.
Highly recommended.
Anyone else seen it?

AgentCool

Got the DVD of this a few days ago. It's a decent modern Western, no doubt about that. However, if you only like 'actual' Westerns the fact it's set in modern times might put you off, what with all the cars and televisions amongst the horses and desert.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Been meaning to watch this for some time, however whenever I mention it to the wife, the answer is a straight 'NO'. :thumbsdow

I'll have to find some time our myself...

Hawklord

I usually like westerns but this didn't really do it for me.
Don't get me wrong the acting was good but it seemed to be paced too slow imo.

BrianC

Novice Member
Watched this a while ago, really enjoyed it, but it had cult written all over it.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Remember the western The Missing by Ron Howard, that was hyped with great reviews, and for me it was disappointing. And Tommy Lee Jones was in that too.

OnTheFly

I saw this on it's cinema release and after seeing the trailer a few times I was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately I was disappointed. I don't think it was a bad film but I have to say in parts in was just silly.

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Anyone seen Lone Star? That was adored by critics and it bored me stupid on first viewing. Watched again on TV one nght and really liked it!!

I havent seen 3 burials yet, but I want to. My brother's seen it and liked it

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom