1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2 Greatest Nights Of My Life (56k warning 2mb of pics, but worth it)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kopite4Ever, May 27, 2005.

1. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    as you are well aware im a scouser and a liverpool nut. you probably will not have noticed but i havnt posted for a couple of days for obvious reasons.

how the hell can i put into words what ive experienced over these 2 days. it didnt really sink in till last night as i will show you later on.

the only way i can discribe the emotion i felt was that losing the big V was nothing compared to what happened over these 2 nights :D

i was one of the lucky scousers to be in instanbul that most famous of nights were it was imo the best european cup final in history. let me say this the turkish people were utterly fantastic, most welcoming and great hosts. only gripe was the stadium location. jesus christ almighty if there is the remotest place from instanbul thats were it was. took about 2hrs to get there. stadium itself was fantastic and the scousers well and truly out numbered the italians. i did not take a camera to turkey cos i felt id have lost it or something but my 2 uncles are still over there and hopefully they got some pictures :smashin:

onto the match. i must say i never ever get nervous no matter who we play but i couldnt help it this time, we were on the brink of history !!! the mighty milan had to be beaten to lift old big ears, and there was no greater team to do it. admittedly we were outclassed in the whole of the 1st half. liverpool were at best chasing shadows while kaka absolutly ran the show. kewell starting :thumbsdow not the worst tatical decision as it showed the intent to win the game but we have carried that boy and its time he left i think. half time came 3-0 down i was in near enuf tears as we come this far and not even given them a fight but i still had the faith i ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH.

do i need to describe the 2nd half ? Stevie G shown that he is world class and did it on the biggest stage of them all. liverpool dominated the 2nd half. onto ET and it was fairly quite untill jerzy baby produced what can only be descibed as a miracle save wether he knew alot about it or not it never went in and thats his job !!!!

Pen's some people arnt fans of it but it dosnt bother me in the slightest. its quiet exciting. i knew after what id just witnessed this was going to be our trophey i was convinced. milans players were so down hearted and looked like there legs were made of lead. Jerzy Grobelaar ;) was a hero and those players that put on the red shirt are now officially legends. Shanks/paisley/fagan will all be looking down with a great satisfaction!!!

THE RAFALUTION HAS STARTED

There no man more deserving of a medal and trophey than steven gerrard. he now only needs a Lg title medal and he will have had them all...by the age of 25 :eek: the man is a hero and will be staying. i cant describe the emotion of us all when he lifted that cup. it meant so so so much to him and us. no wonder he slept with it ;) his is my hero and love him to bits. im made up for the lad and the club. we are back !!!!!

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE HOME COMING PARADE

i wont say alot as pictures speak a thousand words. goes to show what kind of people/fans the scousers are. when 750,000 approx people line the streets to see 10 mins of the heros in red. i was at St Geroges hall from 4pm and didnt see the heros untill well gone 9:30. time flew i had a blast and it was truly a once in a lifetime experience. onto the pictures which will be in my memory till the day i die. these pics are mid afternoon at St georges halls hrs and hrs before the team were due to get here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

at the point of 7:30 the bus should have been coming at about 8:30 to us. we were told it was over 2hrs behind and there wasnt a person in site bothered !!! we shall not be moved rang out and we stuck it out. this is what it means to our people. yankee's , russians you simply cannot buy this we are the greatest team the world has seen and the greatest fans

3. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    onto the team. the first few photo's are from my uncle who used his digi cam and he seen them a few hrs before me so at least i have a nice selection of pics now !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
  5. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
  6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hold on....didn't you used to be BauerCTU... :confused: Closet reds coming out of every orifice the last few days... :D ;)

7. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    now here are some i took and got developed this morning 1st thing. some of em arnt very good quality but you will get the jist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the last 2 are special to me. i nice big xabi pic with the trophey (wanted stevie but he did it at the far end from me and camera would get him :( )
    and the great man himself. he is not talking his plaudits even though he so deserves them. 2 finals in first year with some of the dead wood houllier left. he signed quality players in luis and xabi and he is the main man of the city. i love him to bits and hope he does the business for the coming years!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wow thats it !!!

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE...THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL

LIVERPOOL :D

now i dont want this to be a "will they be in it next year or im a manc i hate liverpool please do that else where. just wanted to show the best 2 days of my life and show some liverpool supporters who couldnt be there what they missed.

8. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    look at these from the top of it all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

im knackerd now :D

9. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    ahaha season ticket holder for 15 years & followed em all round europe. yep id say i just popped out the closet to see whats going on

10. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +927
    Looks pretty amazing, i cant even begin to imagine what the atmosphere must have been like in the stadium when the first two Liverpool goals were scored in the second half.

11. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i could never begin to describe it seriously. ive not really felt like that in my lifetime and im privlidged to be apart of the experience. the pen save from grobelaar :D mean dudek from sheva the crowd just erupted into a mass jubilation. 750,000 people to see the parade shows what it means. there was about 350,000 at st georges hall were i was. just imagine if rafa brought home the title :eek:

12. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Why are the wives on the bus??? Get em off, bloody footballers wives...it is not about them!

Rant over....

Anyway, a truly great night for English football and probably the best game I have seen since we (Bristol City) thrashed Tranmere 4 - 0 last season with Mcateer being carted off at half time as the entire Ashton Gate sang "mcateer - what a ****er" over and over again...

Looks like you had a great great time.

Football..mmm, splendid.

I watched the match up at me brother Jeffs place and with just the two of us there, the atmosphere was electric...when the 2nd and 3rd goals went in i hurt my voice screaming so much and slipped on his rug :D

Glad you had a great time and I have to say that I have a lot of time for Rafa, who seems like a genuine nice guy and a tactical genius. :smashin:

13. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    amen to that my friend. he is literally a hero round here. he is so modest as well we all genuinly love the guy and he was humbled by what he saw at liverpool yesterday. he, his wife and children were in tears as the crowd sang his name. the rafalution has begun and i look forward to great times ahead !!!

14. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    you can't blame the wives for being there....it's a piece of history

15. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    wives there didnt really bother me as some of them are undoubtly hot :D thinking Mr Gerrards Lovely lady alex and Mr Kewell Wife. am i sad that i know her name :devil: as long as the men of the moment were on show with old big ears :D during the long wait there was a female flasher about 20 ft behind me on a statue. that certainly was a feast for the eyes of the lads ;) dont know if i caught a pic but i think i may get a nice banning for posting it fella's

16. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489
    can i just ask you a question, did you buy your tickets and digital camera? or did you "borrow" them from someone?

17. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    quiet fancy yourself as a comedian. dick heads like this have to spoil threads dont they

18. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

That's a cheap shot...

19. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    one thing i didnt want on this thread was that. this was to give and share my experience for fellow scousers/l,pool fans/football fans. seems the maturity cant be held up by some :rolleyes: whats makes me laugh is that people think its ok to get away with that when for example if i or some one else made a reference to an irish person & IRA etc then thats totally offensive. its seems were just meant to brush it off. i must say people like that wouldnt dampen my spirit ever cos we are the european champs....he will more than likely see more than one person has dissagreed and not found it funny and retract it as harmless banter :cool:

20. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've had the same sort of thing said to me one time on this forum and it makes your teeth grind...

Back to Football anyway. I'll remember that game for some time, so jesus you must be in heaven.

21. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    A night to remember. I watched it at home and was off my feet at the end so I can only imagine what it must have been like in Istanbul. A big thankyou for the pics and the time and effort taken to upload them - they really bring the occasion to life especially the closeness of the Liverpool heroes - much better then the BBC news footage...

Stay tuned for pics from me when Grimsby are champions of Europe :) (and people talk about "that night at Blundell Park" - I can but dream)

22. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489
    Heh, and the ironic thing is, ive supported liverpool for about 15 yrs now :rotfl:

I was glad they won, was just throwing in a joke!

23. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    cheers mate. hoping to u/l the istanbul pics up if my uncles managed to stay sober enuf to take any !!! they made their trip into holiday and have been there since last sunday and are home tonight.

to say im in heaven is such a big understatement its untrue. i dont know what to do with myself i keep looking at pictures of the team with the trophey and a smug grins comes across my face to rival moaninho's. bad news seany i heard rafa is poised to make a 15million pound bid for SWP that is citys valuation of him :D great little player and could come join wait for it.......THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE ;)
    and jago there is no need to throw comments like that. i dont care if you have supported us for 15 or 50 years dosnt justify what you said. i got my ticket cos i went to all games and hold a prized season ticket. if it was your final ticket i may have been inclined to steal it so a real fan could go :devil:

24. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Fab pictures mate :clap: :clap:

I keep having to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming and yes I too keep grinning inanely when I see the pictures :D I've only just sobered up!! What a night, hell then heaven.

PS: I've also change my sig :smashin: