Question That options do I have?

grahamricho

Prominent Member
Reaction score
im in a bit of a muddle...

I have a 720 resolution tv which I use occasionally and a 1080 Benq projector.

My AV processor an Arcam AV888 has HDMI 2 outputs, output 1 has a video bypass which I use for my 3D enabled projector. It is set at 1080 resolution.

I have tried every combination in the output menus and it seems you have to have the same resolution on both outputs so if you set it at 1080 the TVs does not work, it does have different resolutions on the menu but they are greyed out in the menu?

Any ideas on a way round it?

What I really want is to be able to watch a movie in 1080 and then another time watch the news in 720 on tv without changing all settings every time?

I can not afford a new tv at the moment, so trying to get a work around.

thanks

Last edited:
Your only choice right now is either to set the Arcam output resolution at 720p for both outputs. Or you can buy external scalers such as this SC12SP
You would then connect HDMI out 2 of the Arcam to the input of this and set it to downscale to 720p50, then out from this to your TV

Thanks for reply, I'm sure it was possible before? I had my projector on output 2 and tv on output 1?

I only swapped the leads around on the outputs because I wanted to play a 3D movie on the projector and could not get it to work and then read only output 1 had bypass and that was needed for 3D output to the projector?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom