1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thankyou Arcam

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by JPB, Nov 24, 2003.

Tags:
  1. JPB

JPB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd just like to say a big thankyou to Arcam and to let everyone know how good a service that this company gives. A few years ago I brought an old alpha one amp in to their office in waterbeach as I had a problem with it. I went into the reception and explained to the nice lady at the desk about it and she offered to get an engineer to look at the amp. So off the amp went as I sat in reception and was offered a cup of tea and a biscuit, very nice by the way, and about 20 mins later the engineer appeared with the amp vaccum sealed with a new foot on it (as I'd lost it when moving) and he went on to explain the problem and said it had all been fixed and even serviced the amp replacing all fuses and cleaning it internally. Wow I thought but it got better as they had even been able to find an old copy of the manual which they photocopied and gave me..... And what was really nice was the fact that it was free and that nothing was too much trouble. This kind of service speaks volumes about the type of company and the people that work there. I also spoke to a chap at the local cambridge sevenoaks whom had a problem with an arcam product, when John Dawson came by the next day and was told about it he personally picked up the kit, had it fixed and popped it back himself. Truely amazing in this day. Could you imagine Sony or Marantz doing the same. No I didn't think so. I guess my point is that Arcam really seems to be a company that loves what it does and that there is a real sense of the enthusiast within the company. The little touches are what matter to the likes of us AV nuts/folks and this is what keeps a smile on our faces which is hard to do as we are such fickle people but having had problems with other companies equipment it is nice to know that there is still a company out there which will always be helpful and go that bit extra. You hear so many negative things on the forums about how shockingly bad companies are, but few stories about when things go well, so I just wanted to write a little bit in praise of Arcam as it was so deserved. Will I buy from Arcam again....I have many times since then and will continue to do so.

Once again many thanks to John Dawson and all the staff at Arcam for a job well done

Jason Biggs
    :smashin:

2. AL_T

AL_T
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hmmm...

I wish they where always that good,let me tell you about my recent dealing with Arcam.

A couple of months ago i sent in my P85 amp to be upgraded,quoted 3 weeks max,.....5 weeks later no amp,my local dealer had been on the phone to them daily,eventually they called back and said they had just found the box UNOPENED :eek: got it back a week and a half later,nearly 7 weeks total :thumbsdow

Mid October i brought a BB500 Dac ,from a dealer,it was damaged in transit ,of it went to Arcam to be fixed(dealer's insurance is paying)...
    6 weeks later,no sign of it returning,im fed up of phoning the dealer,ill just keep waiting,(its only for an old second system)

Im glad u got great service from Arcam,same cannot be said here,

AL THOMAS :(