Thank god I didnt buy an OLED TV!

Not if you've already drunk the kool-aid, spent the $$$ and believed all the insider reviews. And the CS from LG is BS.
You are really not helping the case and are coming across like an anti-fanboy...Some of us are fully capable of going in and comparing for ourselves. And when you do then there is no comparison. You don't need some test screens or anything like that, just look at it.

Anyway if you don't like it then don't like it. Make the point once without bringing in far fetched use cases and nonsense prejudice and rude comments, and stick with the LCD TVs and be happy :)

What about it? It isn't breaking news that using an OLED to display static information such as departure times at an airport is a moronic way to use the technology and will obviously result in burn-in. The only way you could be surprised at that is if you were simply clueless about technology, or were feigning surprise to generate clickbait/grind an axe. Literally nobody has ever claimed that OLED is suitable or even desirable for all use cases.

What about it? It isn't breaking news that using an OLED to display static information such as departure times at an airport is a moronic way to use the technology and will obviously result in burn-in. The only way you could be surprised at that is if you were simply clueless about technology, or were feigning surprise to generate clickbait/grind an axe. Literally nobody has ever claimed that OLED is suitable or even desirable for all use cases.

Yes a stupid thing to do, Tho didn't LG install them ? Maybe they should have followed there guides lines, no wait lol..

Joking aside, the issue is some have been getting burn in just watching an hour of good morning Britain .. Even you have to admit that's just poor form from LG not replacing those sets..

I still love my Kuro and I’m reluctant to jump to OLED because of the reduced motion resolution. Can anyone elaborate on how it manifests? Do moving objects lack the three dimensionality you get with Plasma?
Thanks.

I still love my Kuro and I’m reluctant to jump to OLED because of the reduced motion resolution. Can anyone elaborate on how it manifests? Do moving objects lack the three dimensionality you get with Plasma?
Thanks.
Plasma is better for motion, but since you can’t get a 4K plasma it’s a moot point. So if you are happy with HD remain with your plasma, if you want 4K then it is awesome.

I held on to my 720p pani plasma till last year.

went with lg c7... no probs and chuffed to bits with the TV. Even if it starts to burn in at the 5 year mark i will consider it worth it. It still astounds me when the image cuts to black and there is NOTHING in the dark room.

Dark scenes that were previously barely watchable are now just perfect making for incredible atmosphere on shows / movies that pay to this strength.

Only bug bear is not being able to push a full atmos signal out of the TV.. but only a minor niggle. As the Web os becomes less relevant in years to come I will drop back to a nvidia shield or whatever the equivalent is in years to come.

I have the LG 55C6V my only regret is that I couldn’t afford one for every room!

I have a LG OLED and zero problems. Best TV I've owned. Best picture & best OS

Had Sony LCD, Samsung LCD, Panny Plasma, panny LCD, basically the lot and would only replace my LG OLED for a 65" its brilliant

Because a forum represents a tiny percentage of customers. Generally if you’re happy with your set, you don’t search the forums online. If you’re unhappy, you search for similar situations.

It’s the same with Trustpilot. If you look at JL on there, it’s tragic. You’d never shop there. However, as 99 out of 100 customers attest, the service is great.

Not to say there aren’t problems, just that a forum is a highly concentrated sample of likeminded people, not representative of the entire customer base - that’s the balance @swiftpete is talking about.

The tread title is a touch churlish- 99.9% of oled owners are perfectly satisfied with theirs. The near 5000 LG customers in the UK since October 1st would attest to that.
Actually never thought of it from that perspective.

Have been reading the threads and difficult times people have had in buying OLED TVs'.

OLED TV's seem to me to be the next step in replacing my 'old' Sony W8 LCD but after reading up, this Christmas the money is going elsewhere for now.

Having been 'that person' who had the first 42" plasma in our street (mates and neighbours round like it was the 1960s') I have sat quietly waiting for televisions to get better but it seems I have to wait a bit longer.

At least the money burning its way through my pocket can go onto something else.

Ideas on a postcard...
Read all the responses to the dumb title of your post, and the narrow minded, blinkered attitude you have. I, like several others here, think you're just a trolling moron. No-one with ANY sense of reality would say the things you're saying - you don't seem to have any sense of balance or reason whatsoever, hence the trolling accusations.

Plasma is better for motion, but since you can’t get a 4K plasma it’s a moot point. So if you are happy with HD remain with your plasma, if you want 4K then it is awesome.

Is it worth waiting for OLEDs to improve (eg the upcoming the new HMDI and upcoming HDR harmonisation standards)?

How does the reduced motion resolution manifest? How does it look to the eye, compared to plasma?

How does the reduced motion resolution manifest? How does it look to the eye, compared to plasma?

You won't see a bit of difference from my experience.

I replaced my 8 year old Kuro with a LG Oled back in 2015 & in terms of motion I honestly couldn't see any difference.

Absolutely nothing to worry about.

Have been reading the threads and difficult times people have had in buying OLED TVs'

I have a 2014 oled with no problems. You have to remember the people that post on forums about their problems are a minority. The vast majority aren’t having an issue.

I bought my 65" E6 about 14 months ago and haven't regretted it once. I have read many of the threads and wondered if I had done the right thing.

I came to a similar conclusion to Swiftpete. I decided to regard the negative posts the same way I read any reviews on Amazon, if there are a small number of negative ones the benefits generally outweigh the potential downsides.

I feel for those who laid out a large sum and are not happy, but satisfied consumers tend not to post reviews where upset consumers do, which can make a problem seem worse than it may be.

Well, I have a LG 65B7 and I do have massive issues.
It's just not big enough !:D:D:D
I'm going to get a couple more years out of it then I will be looking at the biggest I can get up my awkward stairs and into my cinema room.:clap:

The day the forwarder took back my TX-65EZW954 and packed out the TX-65FZW804 i really fetched my very long ruler and had to check if they havent brought me the 55" version :laugh:

You get used to the bigger sizes fast o_O

Have been reading the threads and difficult times people have had in buying OLED TVs'.

OLED TV's seem to me to be the next step in replacing my 'old' Sony W8 LCD but after reading up, this Christmas the money is going elsewhere for now.

Having been 'that person' who had the first 42" plasma in our street (mates and neighbours round like it was the 1960s') I have sat quietly waiting for televisions to get better but it seems I have to wait a bit longer.

At least the money burning its way through my pocket can go onto something else.

Ideas on a postcard...
Bought a 65 inch B7 last year - best TV I have ever owned. The nature of forums is that they get filled with the minority who have problems and are looking for solutions. Happy people generally don’t post positive stuff....

I've owned a 55"B6 for 2 years no problems that I can see, I do have the screen saver switched on. If a static image is on the screen for more than a minute, the screen goes blank and fireworks go off at different parts of the screen. I've lost count of the amount of times I've fallen asleep and woken up hours later with the fireworks going. Yes I know I should set the switch off timer.

Wait a minute folks, OLEDs do have their problems. Burn in is the highest mentioned problem that they exhibit. We also had a failure of the panel on our $ 7000 65" OLED 'E' and it was replaced quickly. The replacement is already showing signs of slight burn in. To the folks who say OLED is better than Plasma I laugh, our 58" Panny is now several years old and used every day shows no sign of burn in or panel failure. I would also challenge its blacks against any LCD including OLED. Two years use is only a fraction of the life of these OLED panels, wait a bit then comment on their reliability. My nephew just informed me his OLED panel has severe burn in.

At the beginning of this thread 2 people posted that us Forum users make up a tiny fraction of the people who buy OLEDS and hence you come across more issues raised here and complaints .. first off i did not join the AV Forum to complain about a tv , as for the vast amount of OLED buyers are perfectly happy with there purchase.. um i would say they are blissfully happy not because they have hit the jackpot and got the perfect tv .. rather they are unaware that Banding V/H , Tint , etc are faults and not a integral part of the tv picture they are watching.. also OLED buyers full stop make up a tiny percentage of tv's purchased each year. Unless you have the money or knowledge why would you purchase the most expensive tv in a shop... the answer is they do not they buy the mid priced LCD instead .. ask yourselves how many people do you actually know who owns a OLED not many if any.

how many people do you actually know who owns a OLED not many if any.

So at least three of my close friends I know of - they seem to see oled and rightly so are blown away so buy into it...

We are obv wrong tho

At the beginning of this thread 2 people posted that us Forum users make up a tiny fraction of the people who buy OLEDS and hence you come across more issues raised here and complaints .. first off i did not join the AV Forum to complain about a tv , as for the vast amount of OLED buyers are perfectly happy with there purchase.. um i would say they are blissfully happy not because they have hit the jackpot and got the perfect tv .. rather they are unaware that Banding V/H , Tint , etc are faults and not a integral part of the tv picture they are watching.. also OLED buyers full stop make up a tiny percentage of tv's purchased each year. Unless you have the money or knowledge why would you purchase the most expensive tv in a shop... the answer is they do not they buy the mid priced LCD instead .. ask yourselves how many people do you actually know who owns a OLED not many if any.
Great way of misinterpreting what I said.... of course not everyone on this forum has issues.... otherwise the pro oled camp wouldn’t exist.

Evidently 19 others on this forum wholeheartedly agree with me as well.

I don’t think you have any understanding of how significant OLEDs are in the tv market mix. Across Currys and JL, 55% of premium TVs sold are all oled, which is anything over 1200 quid. Since October first, over 7000 LG oleds have been sold, with I’m sure many 1000s of Sony and Panasonic’s sold. I’d hardly call that a small number.... I actually know many people with oleds actually, and all but one of them happy owners.

You don’t need the money or knowledge, and often oleds aren’t actually the most expensive in the shops. At 1289 for a 55 inch, that fits comfortably inside most people’s budgets. I totally agree if you want a bog Standard 55, you can get a pretty good one for 600. But many are willing to spend far more, and when they see the difference dropping a few extra ££ gets you, many don’t look back.

Of course my response earlier was tongue in cheek...,, I hang out on the forum because most people I speak to about this stuff get bored very quickly, unlike people on here who share my same interests. What the forum does allow is an ability to share thoughts, views and opinions and get advice for anything one isn’t sure on or isn’t right, often more useful that asking the customer services lines.

Great way of misinterpreting what I said.... of course not everyone on this forum has issues.... otherwise the pro oled camp wouldn’t exist.

Evidently 19 others on this forum wholeheartedly agree with me as well.

I don’t think you have any understanding of how significant OLEDs are in the tv market mix. Across Currys and JL, 55% of premium TVs sold are all oled, which is anything over 1200 quid. Since October first, over 7000 LG oleds have been sold, with I’m sure many 1000s of Sony and Panasonic’s sold. I’d hardly call that a small number.... I actually know many people with oleds actually, and all but one of them happy owners.

You don’t need the money or knowledge, and often oleds aren’t actually the most expensive in the shops. At 1289 for a 55 inch, that fits comfortably inside most people’s budgets. I totally agree if you want a bog Standard 55, you can get a pretty good one for 600. But many are willing to spend far more, and when they see the difference dropping a few extra ££ gets you, many don’t look back.

Of course my response earlier was tongue in cheek...,, I hang out on the forum because most people I speak to about this stuff get bored very quickly, unlike people on here who share my same interests. What the forum does allow is an ability to share thoughts, views and opinions and get advice for anything one isn’t sure on or isn’t right, often more useful that asking the customer services lines.
SO 45% of premium tv's sold are non OLED so that would be LED/LCD/QLED/so that's the premium market ... which makes up a small percentage of all tv's sold in any said year.. As someone who has had a good few OLEDS currently waiting on a 65C8 for me they are still a work in progress .. but the best tv tech available at present i personally do not know anyone who has a OLED bought as new 2nd hand yes .. you are right that i do not have the sales figures for OLEDS sold in Currys /JL So i can not contradict your figures ..

So at least three of my close friends I know of - they seem to see oled and rightly so are blown away so buy into it...

We are obv wrong tho
Why are you wrong , i certainly did not imply that about people who buy OLEDS ...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom