• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Thailand

Ben-H

Hi Guys & Girls,

Just wondered if anyone can help?!

Im off to Thailand this weekend, visiting Bangkok, Phucket, Krabi & Phi Phi island..(not rubbing it in honest :p)

Just wondered if anyone has been before and can suggest some good places to go/things to do?

I've got a few things in mind i want to do whilst there but would like some ideas too...

Thanking you in advance! :smashin:

Oh and before anyone mentions it, i don't want anything to do with ladyboys!! :suicide:

Barney Rubble

Standard Member
Full Moon Party in Koh Phanghan is a laugh (there is also the Black Moon and the Half Moon Parties).

Try to see James Bond Island and the other Islands on the boat tours around Phuket, unbelieveable geology, they also have canoes to explore cave systems with guides within the Island themselves, great for holiday snaps, good day out and a very entertaining crew.

Scuba Diving, there are dozens of sites to go and it is a fantastic experience introduced my girlfriend last year and now she is hooked (trying to see the elusive Whale Shark in Koh Tao next visit)

Go elephant trekking and white water rafting, visit temples go in to the jungle and relax on the beaches.

There will be lots of activities to choose from and each of the above are just as good as the other, there are travel representatives around (or touts) to choose from try and haggle a bit and enjoy.

Oh and eat as much seafoos as possible it is cheap and delicious (prawns the size of your fist)

Went last May , heading back in February

Will

spudtator

As Barney Rubble says, 'James Bond' island is amazing.
Got a boat trip there from Phang Nga (I think) a couple of years ago for my birthday. The whole trip was one of the most stunning things I've ever seen.
Koh Lanta was also excellent for diving. Big main shop in town was very helpful and very professional. Scandanavian owned.
Bangkok. Golden temple is an obvious one to see, but is well worth it.

Have a great time.

Shady

Floating Market - although it is an early start and a long 3 hour trip from Bangkok.

When in Bangkok go to MBK - and stock up on dodgy RL Polo shirts - all surprisingly at 199 baht (everything is). A bewildering and huge indoor market - full of all sorts of dodgy knock off goodies.

Plenty of bars and restaurants in the less dodgy parts of town, just go out and explore (have always found Thailand to be quite safe so long as you don't go off the beaten track). Some nice bars and watch out for the elephants which will invariably cause chaos at some point running down Sukumvit Road (sp).

There is a good Irish bar in Phuket where we used to go to drink and listen to the live band (who if I recall sat in a boat on the stage). Andrew Strong lead singer in the movie The Commitements was in the bar with his missus - and the band got him up to belt out Mustang Sally = great stuff.

Agree with the sea food - fill your boots. If it is still there after the Tsunami, there was a great restaurant on the main road with sea creatures atop the white wall pillars (crabs, fish etc). Had the best Prawn Tempura ever. An absolute plate full of the biggest and most delicious prawns I have ever eaten.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom