1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thae-300 Dead

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Harb, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Harb

Harb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I watched it over Xmas....It was OK....put about 50 or 60 hrs on it.
    Today after getting home from work, I switched it on with the remote.....Nothing
    The Power led comes on to green when I first hit the on button and then starts to flash after a while........Then if I press it again (The remote On button) the Led turns an orange colour......
    Still nothing........
    I have never turned it off by anything but the remote, and it always ran on for a Cooldown period.
    Any Ideas?
    Is there some sort of reset?
    Or should I be Contacting PriceJapan ?

:( John

2. Harb

Harb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok here is a more detailed veiw of what happens:

Mains power on: Red Standby Led is lit

Press power on button : Power led turns green and then after about 20 secs starts to flash.
    Flashed Green for about 15 or 20 secs then goes solid green again for about 3 or so secs.
    Starts flashing green again for 20 secs or so then turns solid green for a couple more secs, then turns Orange and at the same time the Red Lamp Led comes on as well (Flashing)...............
    After a while the Power led gos back to Red (standby) and the Lamp led Remains Flashing.
    During this whole procedure, Nothing else happens...no Fans, Nothing.

Man I am Sooooooo Disapointed........:( :( :(

3. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ouch,:(

Harb (I suppose you've already checked for this) is there anything in the literature (printed or online) to state whether the LED flash sequence is an error code?

May be worth e-mailing Price Japan to see if he has had any other reports of this and checking out/posting this on AVSforum's

They may have some answers (I hope its no the "Red LED of death" that plagued so many of the AE100's

I really feel for you and what may be an expensive return:(

hope this helps (if I get time I'll do a bit of research and see what comes up)

regards

4. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Sorry Harb,

Just found your posting on AVS,

still looking though

5. Harb

Harb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mac'

I brought the Prog from PriceJapan and paid the extra for the Dead pixel return policy.
    I don't know if that covers this as well?
    I was kind of hoping it may be just a reset or at worst a bulb replacement........
    If it is only a blown lamp, It may be cheaper just to buy one , and replace it myself.
    Darn thing had not one bad pixel, and I am afraid if they replace it, I will get a Dud with the pixels......:(

I will wait for a while and see if anyone knows what it all means....

Maybe someone has an english version of the manual, and can tell me what the led seqence means.
    It is the same every time I try and turn it on.

Cheers
    John

6. Splinter

Splinter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Really sorry Harb, I know how you're feeling as I went through this a couple of weeks ago - mine was just a constant flashing of the green LED though. But if it all turns out for the worse rest assured that PriceJapan will sort you out.

7. Harb

Harb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Splinter,

It really is quite sad:(

At the moment I am trying to find out if the AE-100 lamp is the same.
    There is some conflicting Info.
    PJ list the Lamps for the AE200 and AE300 are the same part number ET-LAE100, which of course is the number also for the AE-100.
    But the New Zeland Panasonic Site says that the lamp is a ET-LAE300, and the same in the AE-200........
    The number looks a bit stange though.....Slightly different font, as if they have changed it.
    A web search for the ET-LAE300 finds nothing at all.

John

8. Harb

Harb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to add insult to injury,
    Panasonic Australia have told me that they don't know if the lamp is the same as the AE-100.
    But if I wanted to try one the price for the AE-100 Lamp is
    $1252.62AU + GST :eek:

What a bloody joke
    I will never Ever buy from Panasonic AU again........and I have spent plenty with them over the years....

John

9. Harb

Harb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh well, here I go.......
    Off to Sydney to try my friends AE100 lamp in it to see if thats the problem....
    Will let you know

John