TH42PZ85 - huge problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by pinealogik, Feb 4, 2009.

1. pinealogik

pinealogik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone. Hopefully I can get some help here. You guys seem to know much about a wide range of TV :)

I searched and searched and I have yet to find a solution. Let me explain what is going on with my newly acquired TH42PZ85. (Beware of my bad english heh).

If I am in TV mode and shutdown the tv, everything is good. I can turn it back on, no problem. Problem occur when I am using the HDMI port.

Problem start when I either have a PS3, XBOX 360 or a computer connected in DVI-to-HDMI in one of the 3 HDMI port.
    Ok, let me explain, say I have either one of these 3 devices connected threw either HDMI port 1, 2 or 3 (IE: playing on my ps3) and shutdown the TV then I cannot turn it back ON, at all. Everytime I have to unplug the TV from the wall, wait 5 minutes and plug it back in (I guess doing that does some kind of reset and it goes back to TV mode by default). Again, I do not have to do this, if I'm simply watching TV and not playing/using HDMI port (IE: using ps3, xbox...etc).

If I unplug the tv and just try to turn it back on without reseting/unpluging it, I get the bottom left power light to blink couple of time I can hear some sort of click(like it is trying to open but fail) and then it goes off and nothing happen...unless, like I said , I reset the TV. This is very very annoying.

Phew, hopefully one of you have an answer for me. As of now, I don't know what to do. Such a strange problem. Sorry for my english, I know I am terrible :(

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  2. DelsFan

DelsFan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry for my english

Unless you are a teenager living in the UK or Amerika, your English is terrific. Miles better than my French or (nonexistent) German.

As for your problem, I have less expertise there. Good luck, as I'm sure someone here can offer assistance.

3. solidamber

solidamber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Your English is good, better than many people that where born and live here.

4. wiz

wiz
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,180
    Thats wot I fink :D

5. rewerb

rewerb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +639
    I've seen this problem reported before. Try switching off the PC before switching off the TV. Does that help?

6. kjt2004

kjt2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
  7. switcha

switcha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Does this problem still happen if you switch back to TV mode before turning the set off? As in, the last source viewed is TV rather than your PS3 etc?

Cheers, Matt.

8. pinealogik

pinealogik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello switcha,

The problem will not occur if the last source viewed is the TV. Only happen when the last souce viewed is either my PS3, xbox360 or PC. So strange o_O

I did contact Panasonic support, but they were not very helpfull. I don't blame them tho, I wouldn't want to deal with strange stuff like this heh.

Just now, I tried with my PC (DVI-HDMI) and same thing, can't turn it back on. (last source viewed was my pc). It is exacly blinking 10 times, then stop for few secondes and does it again. I'll reset it, again.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  9. Alun

Alun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    There is a power on preference setting in the main menu. You could try changing that to TV and see if it cures it.

10. pinealogik

pinealogik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm arighty, I will try that when I get back home. Thanks for the Tips :smashin:

11. switcha

switcha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So can you avoid the problem if you momentarily switch back to the TV picture just before turning the set off? I know it would still be a bit annoying to have to do this every time you turn it off but it would be better than what you have to do at present to get the set working again.