TH42px70b connections ???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by jono400, Apr 29, 2007.

1. jono400

jono400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay anyone offer me any advice on exactly what I will require with my new ly delivered panasonic th42px70b plasma ???

slightly confused regards what these new tv`s actually use to interface everything together?? ie. before it was scart cables from tv to vcr and dvd player etc I take it this is not now the case ??

anyone advise me what cables will be supplied if any with the plasma to hook up my other av units ( dvd / vcr player ) ??

want to hook up my psx 2 to my plasma, which I have been advised is best done by way off a component lead I take it the above panasonic model has one off these sockets ready to accept such a fitting ??

any advice would be much appreciatted, also any links to where I can obtain the neccesay cables would be great dont want to pay too much for mega quality cables but dont want rubbish - sure you will understand ??!!

2. Droogie 2001

Droogie 2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Having just got a 37px70 on Friday i would imagine it will be the same.
    The only cable you will get is a power lead!
    You need to use the cables you had before to hook up the DVD, VCR etc.
    Although I used a different cable for my DVD as it has an HDMI output.
    Not sure about the PS2 if it does support component you'll need at least 3 cables (red, green & blue) as well as the audio leads.

3. jono400

jono400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay mate thanks so are you saying scart leads can still be used on these plasmas ?? dont think either my dvd player or vcr had any other connections I could use ??!!

not sure if its actually a components lead that I have with my psx2 just now then ?? its got the plug at the psx2 end and the three coloured jack plugs at the other that goes into the small portable tv that it is currantly being used with.

any further advice ??

4. Saldawop

Saldawop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,061
    Depending on the DVD player , it MAY have component, it may not.If not, then its Scart.VCR will be Scart. PS2, you will need a Component lead.The one you have at the moment is Composite and is the worst connection, although saying that, I use Composite with my PS2 on my SD Plasma and am perfectly happy with the result( although I only play Guitar Hero!)

PS, not having hever used a PS2 Component lead, not sure if leads for audio are included as well. You will need to check that out.