• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

TH42PX70 panel replaced- burn in or not?

NClear

Standard Member
Hi All

My Panny TH42PX70 suffered the vertical line problem after 8 months and has been returned to Currys for repair. Apparently it has had the panel replaced and is being deliverered tomorrow. My question is twofold; firstly does anyone know if the replacement panels have been upgraded at all in light of the many occurrences of this problem, and secondly is the burn in period really necessary?

Thanks in advance

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
I am not sure whether it is best to run Plasmas in anymore however, the best settings have reduced Contrast and Brightness anyway so if I were you I would choose CINEMA mode.
In my opinion this gives you the best picture and reduces the slim chance of screen burn.

Whatever you do though, make sure to take the settings OFF Dynamic mode.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom