TH42PX60 or TH42PX600

chief barker

My beloved Panny TH37PE50CAB is being relegated to the bedroom wall for some manic XBOX 360 action. Obvioulsy I am going to need a suitable replacement for the living room.

I have scoured these forums for the past 3 hours and haven't really found a definitive answer as to which panny to go for, I have read a few posts stating that there have been a few problems with the PX60, but nothing on the PX600.

Ideally I would like the picture In SD to be the same quality as the PE50. The screen will be connected to a Sky+ box and a panny SCHT530 home cinema kit.

Price is'nt really an issue as It will be purchased on 6 months interest free. However if there is'nt much difference between the 2 then I will go for the cheapest option.

I need some convincing from the current owners of these panels if possible.

Thanks In advance.

Hairy

Novice Member
I have the px600 and the sd picture is spot on with the built in freeview.The sound is a lot better than the px60 and imo it looks a lot better also.I've never used the sd card slot tho'.It'll probably come down to personal choice but for me it was cos I only use my cinema system for watching dvd's so the sound was pretty important for watching tv.I don't think you'll be disappointed with either, mate.:smashin:

chief barker

Thanks for the reply mate, i'm not bothered about the sound as all audio goes through my home cinema kit anyway.

I am trying to find out what the actual diffrences are between the two screens, there does'nt seem to be any (unless someone can put me straight).

From the pictures I have seen the cabinet stand looks a bit nicer on the PX600, but It might be just the angle that the pictures were taken? Is it the same stand on both?.

I am leaning towards the PX60 at the moment due to the price. ( and the wife nagging)

Hairy

Novice Member
As far as I know they are the same panel.I'm no expert mind,but I'm sure I've read it on here somewhere,lol.

NatD

Novice Member
As far as I am aware, and have found out, the panel is the same, but the main difference it the aesthetics, sound and SD Slot.

I have decided on the PX60 as I can't justify the extra $$$ on the PX600 for how it looks, can't see me using the SD Card Slot, and I will have a Home Cinema System anyhow!

Inked

Distinguished Member
Yep, the only differences are the SD slot, the picture in picture, the speakers and the look of the models.

To be honest the SD card slot is only really of use for viewing picture on the screen as any recordings are optimised for panasonic hand held video players (although you can get them to work on pocket pc's and palmtops with a bit of knowhow.)

If your running the sound through a seperate speaker system and arent going to use picture in picture then i would recommend the px60, I had the PV500 and when replacing it i went for the px60 for that exact reason.

Picture quality is identical on the px60 and 600

chief barker

Thanks for the info.

I just hope that the picture quality will be just as good as my PE50 (In SD)

I will be ordering the PX60 In the next day or so.

cboy

Banned
the px600 is really good picture/sound but tbh the sd card bit is a bag of tripe the quality is absolute [email protected] if recording from your freeview

chief barker

Just one more quick question.

I have just noticed that some websites are quoting the model No. as TH42PX60B. What does the 'B' mean at the end of the code?

leeb

Novice Member
I think the B indicates it's the tv only (ie. no stand, cabinet or wall fixing).

Oh and according to a salesman in John Lewis the px60 has a contrast ratio of 4000:1 whilst the px600 has a contrast of 10,000:1. I kid you not, this is what he told someone who was looking to buy! :rolleyes:

chief barker

Oh and according to a salesman in John Lewis the px60 has a contrast ratio of 4000:1 whilst the px600 has a contrast of 10,000:1. I kid you not, this is what he told someone who was looking to buy! :rolleyes:

I hope they were not sucked in and bought the 600.