1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH42PWD8 RGB connection boards

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by daatkins, Oct 29, 2005.

1. daatkins

daatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Forum,

I'm considering buying a Panny PWD8 from Alistair at AVSales. I have a Humax Freeview box with RGB output so I'm after a scart interface board. I've read some bad comments about the older TY-42TM6TB board (mainly the soft picture) but has anyone got experience of the newer TY-FB8S design?

The Freeview box also has S-Video outputs - would this be an option?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
    David.

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    the 8 series are significantly better with scart and s-video is also surprisingly good!

3. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Hi David,

Also the PWD8 comes with the free composite/s-video card built in already, so no need for the extra scart board if you want to give s-video a go. Suggest maybe trying this out first before you go with the scart board or another option. Another option is buying the JSTech scart to VGA convertor, and then a VGA-to-VGA lead and plugging in to the built in VGA socket. Plenty of options are available :)

I've also got a PWD8, put up yesterday, but can't comment on with coz I have all mine connected via component to a component board. But the PWD8 is great, looks good, and performs superb :smashin:

Cheers

Andy

4. maxl

maxl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi LFC, sounds good. Have you had the opportunity to push any HD through it yet? I am keen to hear comments as to what downscaled HD looks like. Post some pics :)

5. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Nah sorry mate, I've not got any HD material 720p/1080i to play through it. XBOX 360 may be the only HD source I'll pump through it, but I probably won't get one of them till the new year (haven't preordered)

However, I have played my Arcam FMJ DV29 DVD player 576p output onto it, and XBOX (soft-modded) 480p output and it looks superb. :smashin:

As for pics, they never seem to do it justice regardless of quality, but my digital camera is naff. My mobile phone has as many pixels as my 5 year old camera. I have taken a couple of pics, and posted them here but as you can tell they are not good, sorry.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I bought the PWD8 instead of PHD8 coz of the lack of HD input I was going to be using in the next couple of years. I also have a projector where most of the DVD viewing will be done, and some XBOX, so the PWD8 is mainly going to be used just for NTL cable TV, with the flexibility of having XBOX and DVD connected as well.

Cheers

Andy