TH42PWD6 & TYST42PX20 ?????

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by jedi-knight, Jun 15, 2005.

1. jedi-knight

jedi-knight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS LOOKS CORRECT, IS THE GAP BETWEEN THE STAND & THE PLASMA MEANT TO BE THIS MUCH ???

DOES ANYONE HAVE BOTH THIS PLASMA & STAND ???

HAVE THEY SUPPLIED THE WRONG STAND ???

PANASONIC PLASMA TH42PWD6
    PANASONIC STAND TYST42PX20

Attached Files:

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    The TY-ST42PX20 was orignally designed for the 37" & 42" PE30 Viera televisions, I think you will get that size of gap unless you can source more appropriate vertical posts (the two long prongs that screw to the pedestal base). When the PX20 stands were first released and extremely difficult to get hold of some PE30 Viera owners were mounting their TV's on the TX-ST42PA20 pedestal (black and silver base designed for the 37" & 42" PA20 TV's). They also found that their TV's did not sit flush with the base and that there was a gap, although not as extreme as in your case.

I'm afraid you'll have to try to get different upright vertical posts that are designed for the PWD6, try Panny customer care, or look at getting a completely new pedestal mount that is designed specifically for your panel.

*EDIT* One other thought just struck me, can you use the vertical posts swapped around? i.e. Use the LHS one on the right and vice-versa as the posts themselves are uniquely shaped and widen unevenly in their cross section towards the base.

S.

3. jedi-knight

jedi-knight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    cheers steve p, rang panasonic they confirmed that it was not the correct stand for my plasma, they said that the correct stand was a pa20, it has different rods. will have to send the stand back