1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Th42pw6 V TH42pw5

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Myles2, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Myles2

Myles2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please help, I am just about to invest in my first plasma and have narrowed it down to a 42 inch Panasonic. I have found a bargain buy TH42PW5 for ₤2100, but can't find a PW6 (in silver) anywhere for less than ₤2800. Is there much of a difference between the two to warrant spending the extra ₤700.

Also is it worth buying the media box with it?

Cheers:)

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
  3. Myles2

Myles2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that, any ideas on the comparison between the two sets?

4. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Bit tricky, some PW5 owners tend to think the 6 series was a step backwards. However, some PW6 onwers think the 6 series solved two main issues with the PW5, namely the buzzing problem and the screen flickering problem.

I have a 6 series and love it, but didn't compare it to a 5, only other plasma manufacturers.

Given the slight difference in cost between the PW5 and PW6 that I found, I would go for the 6 series, especially as the 7 series is due out Sept some time...

You could also look at the PWD6 which is the same as the PW6 just in a black (charcoal) finish - this is a little cheaper again and almost exaclty the same price as the PW5 you have been offered.

Good Luck! ;)

JJ