1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH42PW6 - superb

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by OGIII, Mar 5, 2004.

1. OGIII

OGIII

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My credit card is now coming out to buy one of these, well the silver version actually.

I've just been to a friend's who has just bought one of these and I am welll impressed.

The SKY+ PQ via S-Vid is excellent, he also has DVD going through S-Vid because apparently if one item is connect by S-Vid it overides any other connection.

I'm going to get a new amp and DVD so will be looking for better quality connection (advice welcomed) but have to say that my fears following seeing others has been well and truly put aside and now is the time for me.

The warranties on these things seem to be horrific, looks like, as posted already, the price seems to be about £2400 but add a warranty and it's the best part of £3k anybody done a good deal on this?

Thanks

2. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I,ve got an older version of the panny and am also more than happy with the picture quality on sky using s-video.
    I remember when i first got the panel peeps were complaining apout various artifacts on their screens and i thought i'd been either really lucky or they were the fussiest of the fussy.

About your mates screen... you should try getting a decent dvd player that accepts either component or progressive scan then you'l be even more thrilled with what your looking at.
    Thanks
    Danny

3. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you could get a price match at john lewis mine cost £3035 with 5yr warranty also came with a tuner which i dont use preferred the plug in boards 1 x component 1 x scart

4. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As For the warrenties, i never bothered.
    My screen has been fine for over 2 years now "touch wood" *what was that bang* and from what i've read majority of plasma's have a good reliability anyway so personally i didn't see up to £700+ to extend it for 2 more years worth it.
    I'm a believer of if its a faulty unit it will go within its 2 yrs warrenty...Hopefully.. :D

End of the day i can only speak from my good experiences.
    Danny

5. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Johns Wifey Here :) :)

But you only get a year with pannys!:) :)

Just thought it best we take this offer up, at the time we bought our plasma prices were almost identical, that is time we sell on the unused tunder and board.

Wouldnt like the psu to go in a couple of years at £700 upwards....and i am an unlucky person.....hehehe...awaiting 4th PW6...long story..just cosmetic probs...

TTFN...:) ;)

6. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Lektropacks do a component output cable to 15 pin din - assuming your DVD has component output - this will save you a wad of cash not needing a component board- which connects to the PC input.

7. mikedown

mikedown
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    finally checked out the panny pw6 this morning and i must say i couldnt be more dissapointed ,it looked no better than the LG that was beside it that was a grand cheaper (they were both connected with scarts)

8. Techno

Techno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I wonder if S-Vid is the besty connection for SKY then. Maybe scart or other means reduces quality.

9. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Most showrooms often have plasma's wired rather crudely and not the optimum connection method. One thing the Panny needs is a quality source and cabling for it to shine.

10. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    telwest into pw6b via scart board + olson mains adapter very good pq as long as signal from telewest is ok 90% of the time it is
    dv88 via component board awesome pq again depending on the quality of the dvd