TH42PW5 Connectivity - Advice Required

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Corazonis, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Corazonis

Corazonis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've had a PANNY TH42PW5B for some time, with a Tuner using the inbuilt Tuner Board. However, the Tuner keeps overriding the screen settings, such as those where I want the screen to defaulting to AV1 when I switch on, as well as seriously limiting the options I can modify on the screen. I also am hoping to relocate my A/V Kit elsewhere and want to take the tuner out of the equation as the cable won't stretch to another room :blush: .

So, there are only two options I can think of to resolve this, but perhaps someone has a better idea ????

1. Find another board such as the SCART/COMPONENT board or the RCA board which allows connection without having the tuner involved.

2. Find some piece of kit to convert the Tuner Board signal into SCART/ RGB/COMPONENT, etc. Is there such a piece of kit out there?

Anyone experienced this themselves and come up with a solution or have any ideas of how to crack this one?

Cheers

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    you can use VGA socket with RGB>VGA converter from QED or JS Tech and you can buy the video board and fit once tuner board is removed, component and S-video/ Composite.

3. Corazonis

Corazonis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, so do I need to do both or is it just because VGA to RGB won't give me everything else (i.e. DVD Component in, etc)?

Another reason for this question is that I have had a look around to see if the video boards are available but not managed to find anything other than someone else's "video board" wanted ad on Ebay for the same screen.

Yours hopefully....

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Only one video board available mate try a proper panny dealer. RGB>VGA will only work with RGB hence why with video board, all bases covered. Component from DVD etc

5. Corazonis

Corazonis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    the panels shipped with these boards and tuner board was optional so most dealers who sold any volume of tuner boards have piles of these things!