1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH42PV500 SD slot

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jet_andy, Oct 23, 2005.

1. jet_andy

jet_andy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Hi all :hiya:

Just joined the forum, been looking in for a while and picked up some useful info. I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of my TH42PV500 in the next week or so, been waiting a few weeks already. Got quite a good deal though I think, £2199 from Sound & Vision online, on Buy Now Pay next Later. I'll be wall mounting it, next to the Sky and DVD kit which I've already recessed into the wall. Looking forward to Sky HD next year.

I've just one small question - I think I know the answer but would like to check. The SD recording ability appealed to me, as I travel a lot for work and it could be useful to record progs and watch on the laptop when away. From what I've read that's all it's good enough quality for anyway. Does it make any difference what quality of card you use? I notice on Panasonic's site they show a card with a 20MB/s transfer speed, whereas I think your bog-standard Scandisk one is about 2MB/s. It seems that most people have tried it using SD cards they already had.

I've read a lot of the other TH42PV500 threads, but any other useful tips appreciated.

Cheers
    jet_andy

2. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Andy and welcome to the forums. Thats a good question...Ive used the SD card out of my camera just to see how it works and I think its gr8 in highest quality...certainly good enough for casual use especially when you think how small and handy SD cards are...but Ive never heard anyone mention comparing various cards...could be interesting to find out...btw its a gr8 TV you have there, Ive had the same one for a few months and I love it .....Dont forget to follow the run in period for your TV ...theres plenty of info on how to do that in the forum and also the sticky at the top of the Plasma forum page... link here... http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226883