TH42PV500/PX60 or 37PF9830?

D

dazzling600

I have been sitting on the sidelines, reading all the major mags, taking the odd visit to the high street for the past 2 months.

Trying to decide between 3 models, those being the Panny H42PV500 or TH42PX60 or Philips 37PF9830.

Realise the Philips 37PF9830 is a smaller screen but something keeps pulling me back to this, probably my preference for LCD over Plasma (screenburn, heat, noise etc.).

Somebody help me...its driving me mad...have space on my wall ready and money burning hole in my pocket!

PLEASE dont tell me to wait for xxxxx as I have been watching it all evolve for 12 months!

Cheers

Dazzling

greyhorse

Standard Member
Well

Only I can say is I have a panny pv500 in the lounge and its a fantastic set and can be had with cab at John Lewis for under 2k. The set is great on freview and not bad on sky. Dvd play black is fantastic, no screen burn an any of the new pv500s at all. Response time of the panny is suber and sport looks great.

I have recently placed and order for a sharp g7 set for the study 32" just for games and pc use.

Go demo the panny you wont regret it, this is not about what is best etc. I in my own views feel plasmas still have the edge and lcd will still need a few years to catch up.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom