Quantcast

TH42PHD8 brightness variation

B

blackeyepurple

I've seen a poll on this forum mentioning brightness variation on the PV500, whilst watching Sin City on my new TH42PHD8 via HDMI I noticed every 20 mins or so the screen got a couple of clicks brighter and then back again....has anyone else with this screen noticed this? This and now 2 stuck pixels is starting to bug me a little :rolleyes: any feedback would be great. Cheers.

theo cupier

Novice Member
nothing here, either.

Starting to get less aware of my screen buzz too. Maybe I've just turned the volume on my amp up?!

B

blackeyepurple

Only got mine Friday.....I bet you will notice it in a dark room on a dark movie like Sin City......seems to be the same as the PV500 prob from what i've read....the american AVSForum has a years worth of posts about it in the standard and hi-def model. Hope you guys dont have it though. Bet you didn't get any stuck pixels either. I just want a stable picture with no faults....for over 2k is this too much to ask?!?

theo cupier

Novice Member
Just watched Starship Troopers in a pretty dark room. No sign of contrast flickers here also no dead pixels.

Mep

no stuck pixels either...and no its not too much too ask.....I'll try sin city later in darkened room and see what happens

B

blackeyepurple

Cheers guys....sorry to rant on but in the persuit of a great pic my budget has gone from £599 to £2325 and i'm still finding in my opinion clearly visable faults. I apreciate your help.