1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH42 Viera PC connection options

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Dade, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Dade

Dade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’ve just got my Panny TH42PE30 Viera and I’m really pleased with it.

My only problem is the fact that the VGA socket is on the front of the unit. I knew this before I bought the screen but underestimated how much it would annoy me now that I want to connect my PC.

What I’m wondering is if there is an alternative way for me to connect my PC to the VIERA. I’ve seen some info on the web about connecting the VGA card to one of the RGB Enabled scarts with a home made cable - is this a good idea? Does anyone actually make this cable commercially?

I’ve also seen a Radeon graphics card that has a component RGB output. Only trouble being that its PCI express only.

Can anyone offer me any advice on this?

Thanks.

2. Dade

Dade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No ideas anyone?

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You can get cards with s-video out too, but the output is not brilliant. I've never tried anything like that, scart is RGB and sync on composite, RGB PC is RGB and H&V sync, you can't just connect them with a cable. Dr J.Sim, JS technology has gone to great pains to make a device that does the opposite for us all, it's bound to be possible, but maybe not that economically. There is hopefully a graphics card solution, you might try asking in the HCPC forum.