th42 px/z 70/700 connectivity?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by oldson, Sep 19, 2007.

1. oldson

oldson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi folks
    can anyone tell me if any of the panny range has an audio digital output, as on the pioneers?
    also can you tell me what version the hdmi terminals are?:)
    cheers
    the info on pannys, sammys and a lot of others is not always accurate!

2. AliG

AliG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PZ70 pannys do not have digital audio out, the PZ700s do. I do not believe that HDMI audio fed to the TV is output in this way, only the audio from SCART and the internal tuner. The HDMI sockets are v1.2 - see elsewhere on this forum for discussions that suggest the benefits to be had with current hardware are minimal.

If you want more detailed information, you can always download the manuals from the pannasonic website.

Regards,

AliG

3. SPARTANS

SPARTANS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Novice question here mate,
    what can you do with an audio digital output ?

4. AliG

AliG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spartans,

It can carry DTS 5.1 sound to an AV amp or similar. Its more useful to carry 5.1 sound from a DVD or PS3. The TV will only output Dolby Surround at best, often just plain old stereo. If you want to discuss your particular setup feel free to pm me.

AliG

5. SPARTANS

SPARTANS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you,i'll take you up on it if you don't mind.
    i've got a 42pz700,panny dvd recorder and sky+ set up.
    Used to have a pioneer surround sound set up but it fell out with my cat and needed replacing (long story).
    The sound from my tv is really good ,impressed with the spatial stuff,does quite a good job but at some time in the future i'll probably return to a surround sound setup.
    I have a cambridge audio amp but am i right in thinking that i'll need a decoder to unlock the dolby digital soundtrack or can i use my tv and just connect that digital audio out socket to the amp ?
    Like i said i have the bass box and all the speakers from my old setup so could possibly re-use it.
    oh and if not is there a decent wireless speaker setup that's on the market ?

any advice is most welcome,cheers.