TH37PX70 - Brightness/Contrast on picture ...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Paul Cooksley, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi all

Just seriously thinking about the PX70 37" to replace my Sony 32" CRT.

I wonder if any owners of this set could help answer a question for me though - well two questions actually!

Firstly, upon reading up on various threads on here, it would seem that you shouldn't really have the brightness or contrast set above midway? I understand that 'cinema' mode is good for 'running the set in' ?

...thing is, having played around with these settings (putting contrast/brightness to half way and trying cinema mode) in several showrooms, the picture seems, to me, decidedly 'dull' and not very vibrant. I appreciate that i am viewing these sets in brightly lit shops, so I guess, at home, the picture might look brighter on these settings????

Also: The wife has C Beebies on for our kids a good few hours per day.. Now, I know the channel DOG does animate sometimes, but just wondered if the channel logo can do any damage as regards screen burn?

Cheers for any help

2. jonnypb

jonnypb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +559
    cinema mode is fine for the 1st 200 hours ans in fact a lot of people leave it in that mode after 200 hours. looks fine in my room and the colours are good

also have cbeebies on and the logo actually rotates after a while, i haven't had a ny screen retention yet

3. littlebrooklyn

littlebrooklyn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm still running mine on Cinema Mode as we've only had the TV a short while. The installation guys set it up on Normal Mode but I changed it as soon as they left and I have to say I find this setting very normal and watchable, not dull at all. The brightness and contrast where already only on 50% so I just left them. I don't watch children's TV channels but it seems most TV channels have some sort of logo on the screen and so far it hasn't affected my TV.

Lyn