TH37PX70 bracket and fitting

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by wertert, Jan 12, 2008.

1. wertert

wertert
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I've picked up my brand new Panasonic TH37PX70 today. I'm really pleased with it. Fantastic screen.

I'm planning to installed the screen into a low cupboard so it is hidden from view when not in use ( wife ;-)

I'm thinking some kind of cantillever bracket that will allow me to pull the screen out and rotate. Also pitch up and down a few degrees would be great. something like this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANASONIC-TH3...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

The only issue i'm having is I can't really see where to attached the bracket on the back of the panel. There seem to be 4 removable covers which you can pop off exposing some kind of fitting underneath. Not sure if these are the mounting points but I can't see anything else that would do.

So two questions I have; can anyone tell me exactly where the new bracket attaches to the panel and possibly a bracket recommendation would be great

Thanks in advance

Jeff

2. wertert

wertert
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump...

Any ideas ? The main issue i'm having problems with is what am supposed to do with those wierd plastic fittings once I pop the covers off. I'm sure it's the same on any Panasonic plasma. Anyone out there fitted a screen to a bracket ?

One guy at the office suggested that the plastic fitting actually are a type of bolt and can be unscrewed.

3. un1eash

un1eash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,422
    When you pop the plastic covers of it reveals where your bolt the bracket too, they should take M8 bolts, well my pz70 did. Most brackets should come with all the fixings needed to bolt the braclet to the tv.

4. wertert

wertert
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi un1eash

Thanks for the reply. When you removed your covers did your mounts have some kind of small grey plastic 'bung' installed ? When I removed my covers I expected to see some nice heavy duty threaded tube.... but no just these wierd bungs. I'm now thinking I simply need to remove this piece of plastic to reveal the metal threaded mounting point. I'll trying and post a few photos tonight.

I'm now looking at this bracket.
    http://www.avrabbit.com/product-Vogels-efw6345-plasma-wall-mount-509.html

Jeff

5. scatterbug

scatterbug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +718
  6. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    wertert - I've replied to your PM. :smashin:

7. wertert

wertert
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

me again. I order the vogel bracket listed about yesterday and it arrived today ! Great service from Avrabbit. They've supplied that fit nicely into the screen. The mystery I've been banging on about it solved. There wasn't a mystery. You remove the cap to expose the grey plastic moulding. You then simply put the screw in !

A few photos may help....

the cap..
    http://www.perfectmotion.co.uk/P1020298.JPG

The cap removed exposing the grey plastic...
    http://www.perfectmotion.co.uk/P1020299.JPG

Of course I now have another question...

The grey plastic molding is slightly lower than the surrounding back surface of the panel. When I attach the two vertical uprights of the bracket to the rear of the screen I am actually tightening it up against the rear of the panel casing. The brackets will never actually touch the grey plastic moldings. I think I have two choices;

1) add some washers inbetween the bracket and the grey plastic molding ( approx 2 mm ) . This will mean the uprights don't tighten up against the rear of the panel but all the load will be through the 4 securing bolts.

2) Got for it and risk damaging the rear casing

So any advice for a first timer ?

Thanks

Jeff

8. wertert

wertert
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well the deed is done. Plasma is in the cupboard.

Pictures are here -> http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/wertert69/

I KNOW it looks like it's sitting on the floor but it's actually about 8-10 inches off the ground. Not a bad viewing height.

Bracket is ok but seemed to be missing a few washers that were shown in the instructions.

Jeff

9. un1eash

un1eash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,422
    Sorry if its abit to late, but yeah i used washers to space the brakcet away from the back of the screen. I found the plastic spacers to big so used a couple washers instead.

10. wertert

wertert
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I ended up using a few washers on each mounting point. The vertical brackets sits about 0.5 mm off the back of the rear casing.

One other thing I should mention is I'm planning to move the whole assembly back a few cms. Not sure why I mounted it right up against the doors when the backet extends out more than enough