TH37PX70 - Advice?

smudger23

Standard Member
I have a TH37PX70 arriving next Thursday with my sky HD box to follow on Friday...

I am a complete newbies to flat panels and plasmas and was wondering if anyone could give me some general tips/advice etc?

Do I need to run the telly in i.e in 'cinema' mode for a certain period? If I don't do this what is likely to happen?

Will the connections that come with the screen and HD box suffice or would I be better off buying something else?

As I say, I'm completely new to all of this so any advice at all would be most welcome!

Cheers :)

mattyboy_72

Put it in Cinema/Warm first, Dynamic is horrible!

IMHO-
Contrast 60
Brightness 40
Colour 50
Sharpness 1-2 Clicks from 0
Everything else off.

Had it on this from the off and never gone back. Some prefer Normal but AV pro's seem to agree Cinema/Warm is the way to go.

If you do experience retention in the first couple of weeks don't worry, it'll be gone by the next time you turn it on.

HDMI that comes with HD box does the job.

Enjoy!

yocky

Just got mine yesterday.

It's recommended by some that you use Cinema mode for a while because it has a lower contrast setting than the other 2 modes. Others say it doesn't matter.

After a quick look at the other settings I would have chosen cinema mode anyway. The others looked too unnatural.

I think the general idea is to reduce contrast and brightness to 50% or less for 200 hours.

OldSkoO1

Put it in Cinema/Warm first, Dynamic is horrible!

IMHO-
Contrast 60
Brightness 40
Colour 50
Sharpness 1-2 Clicks from 0
Everything else off.

Had it on this from the off and never gone back. Some prefer Normal but AV pro's seem to agree Cinema/Warm is the way to go.

If you do experience retention in the first couple of weeks don't worry, it'll be gone by the next time you turn it on.

HDMI that comes with HD box does the job.

Enjoy!

mattyboy, i see you reduce your sharpness, is this personal taste or did you calibrate the TV?

I find on personal pref. reducing sharpness makes SD stuff look a little soft but DVD's still good.

chrispeters

mattyboy, i see you reduce your sharpness, is this personal taste or did you calibrate the TV?

I find on personal pref. reducing sharpness makes SD stuff look a little soft but DVD's still good.
odd.i have my sharpness upto 75%. But it was a nasty cali DVD lol

mattyboy_72

Personel preference plus there's a lot of good advice from Pro's on here which is where I got the advice for lowering it I think!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom