TH37PWD7BX - Hi def connection

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by apgibbo, Mar 28, 2006.

1. apgibbo

apgibbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I have searched the forums and read and read but am still confused.

I know the PWD7 isn't hi def - but thruogh my HTPC I have played some 720 hd videos and they look unbelievable - pseudo hi def I suppose. If I run through the VGA connector then it won't support HDCP so if I buy a DVD-D board will it support HDCP? Will the PC connection be better if I use it? Also what is this 50hz 720 issue - will it affect us uk users.

I ask this as I am wondering about putting a bluray and or hi def dvd player into my pc and was wondering if it will work.

Also, will I be able to get hidef signals over my pc tuners if they update the drivers in the future?

Yours very compueter literate but AV challenged,

Adrian

I'm using :

DFI Lanparty NF3 250Gb with:
    1gb PC 3200 Ram (Gskill)
    250 Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD
    Samsung 16x DVD Rom (Writer on my other PC)
    AMD 64 3000+
    Gigabyte Radeon X800XL Silent Pipe
    Thermaltake Tenor Case
    Jeantech 450W Silent PSU
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-T PCI Tuners
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 HSF
    Panasonic TH37PWB7BX Plasma

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,298
    Hi

I'd stick with your VGA input as there is no digital input board for the PWD7 that will do 720P @ 50Hz with HDCP. This is a limitation of the electronics in the panel and will not be resolved with a new input board.

The great thing about the VGA connector on the Panasonic panels is that it will accept more or less anything that you throw at it from 15Khz 576i right up to silly resolutions.

I'm dubious what difference a digital link can possibly make anyway especially on a 852x480 panel.

Steve