1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH37PV500 is it a good buy?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by clarkesville, Sep 10, 2005.

1. clarkesville

clarkesville
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rolleyes: I`ve been thinking over the past few month what panasonic to buy,today to my suprise the missus said to me she really liked the TH37PV500 we had both seen earlyer today in Rackams,having picked myself up of the floor she seemed really eagar to get one so today i tried but as you are all aware there isn`t one for sale any where at the moment. So ive been looking on the forum today at a lot of threads about the panny, but there seems to be a lot of post about people having problems with them so befor i get our lass down to jl to order one am i doing the right thing or do i need to rethink and not touch one with a barge pole help needed guy`s :confused:Regards Clarkesville

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    people find forums like this when they find problems with their stuff. if you look at the poll you'll see there are much more happy owners. i wouldnt let the few bad experiences put you off. you have the blessing now get it!

3. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    You need to give more info about what you watch - Sky, Freeview, DVD etc? and about whether you think high def is going to be important to you before anyone can help you. The PV500 is a good high def "telly" but with some effort you can do much better, and avoid the problems that some have seen with the PV500s.

4. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    its widely considered to be the best plasma that there is at the moment.

5. clarkesville

clarkesville
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply lads, took the plunge to day and went to order my TH37PV500 from JL, when i asked how long i would have to wait for one the guy told me they had one instock so after i had picked myself up of the floor, the guy told me someone had bought it early this week, got it home and decided it was to small so brought it back.So i inspected it at the shop they tried it out on a DVDplayer to make sure it was working properly so i've taken it home and is now proud of place in the living room,they also gave me a discount had the free dvd player and it has the 5 year warranty
    regards
    a very happy Clarkesville :thumbsup:

6. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Well done mate enjoy. :thumbsup:

7. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Piers – I'm slightly surprised by your remarks, as I haven't seen any plasmas that produce such a good picture from SKY as the PV500! I'm sure that a panel + scaler could do better, but for me the PV500 has few rivals as far as non-HD 'normal' telly-watching is concerned. It certainly was the first one I'd seen that made me happy to give up my CRT. I also have not had any problems with it so far (250 hours).

Obviously you have far greater experience in this field, however, so it would be interesting to me to know what the better alternatives would be...

8. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    im guessing phd8 is on the list

9. RayB

RayB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PV500 all the way, Ionly buy the panel/scaler argument if you have a 50" plus screen, and even then only if you sit closer than 12 feet from it!

I have a 42" PV500 and it is awesome IMHO

10. RayB

RayB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PV500 all the way, Ionly buy the panel/scaler argument if you have a 50" plus screen, and even then only if you sit closer than 12 feet from it!

I have a 42" PV500 and it is awesome IMHO