1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

th37pv500 cheapest price?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mtpandtlo, Sep 3, 2005.

1. mtpandtlo

mtpandtlo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have found this model fo 1619 on curry website. If I use the nhs 247 discount code I get another £80 off is this the best price ?
    Cheers
    PS found out last week that Curry's stores will price match their wown website

2. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phoned Currys to check they will match their on-line price and was told "yes for the exact same item" so off I went to pick up a TH37PV500 from the Cambridge store I had spoken to only to be told that they didn't when I got there! "stores are a separate business to the web site and cant offer these prices". So I told the guy that I had spoken to someone at that very store and they had said yes........"errrr I'll speak to my manager....do you no who you spoke to on the phone?" of course I was stupid enough not to ask for the guy name. Manager walks over and says no can do! Waste of time and use of the works van to go and collect. "Currys....."[Swearing - edited Ekko Star, please read forum rules]

3. AndyH

AndyH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Just had my Currys online order mysteriously cancelled.

When I phoned they said it's cos they were out of stock. Having ranted about their system allowing a delivery date to be selected and to give the impression that everything is fine, I'm told I should be able to negotiate on price match with a local store.

But it is up to the store manager at the end of the day.

Ho hum.

Any stock of 37" PV500's anywhere?!

4. manzee

manzee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When did you order it Andy? I placed my order at curry's online on Thursday night. I selected Fri 9th as my delivery date, but not had anything back from them yet, except the automated acknowledgement

5. AndyH

AndyH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I placed my order on the Thursday afternoon and selected Friday 9th :)

Only got the original acknowledgement e-mail (a few hours later), and kept looking at the website (click Register to logon... *sigh*) for updates.

This morning it had swapped from "Order Received" to "Cancelled". I phoned and complained and magically half an hour after the phone call I got an e-mail to say it had been cancelled due to lack of stock.

6. manzee

manzee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'll be damned. Mine's cancelled too. Seems we ordered at pretty much the same time eh..I haven't had an e-mail through to tell me it was cancelled either. It's the least they could do when you're buying something worth £1700 I'd have thought.

Back to the drawing board for me then.

7. NoStrings

NoStrings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I ordered mine on Thursday afternoon, delivery for Saturday 10th. Just checked and my order history says delivery booked and my credit card has been charged.
    I ordered the 37PV500 including floor stand so perhaps that made a diffenrence!!

8. AndyH

AndyH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Possibly, I went for the bare bones telly (£1600ish) 'cos I already have a stand sorted out.

I did have a polite go at the woman, because if you don't feedback then nothing will ever change.

Basically its madness that the system will let you order and arrange a date when there is no stock. Her defence was that the system may state stock, but when the order gets to the warehouse that stock may not be fit to ship (damanged, returned goods etc.)

Fair enough, with the PV500 I'm already nervous thanks to the stories on these forums so I'd rather wait then get a repackaged telly.

What is worse though is the alternative isn't to wait patiently for the next batch, rather you have to accept your cancelled order and try your local branch where she confessed you are at the mercy of the local store manager regarding any kind of price matching with the web.

Next best price I can find is in the £1800 ballpark. That's from a non-local non-chain online vendor and represents more of a risk to me when I can negotiate a price of £2000 with my local retailer.

£200 for peace of mind and simple return to base.. definately tempting compared to the £500 differential with Currys Online (where I also got the bonus of 5% cash back on my credit card).

Ho hum.

9. NoStrings

NoStrings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If they try and deliver a repacked or used screen to me they will be sent swiftly on their way!!!! :nono:

10. maddogkam

maddogkam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Heyas all,

First post for me.

Would just like to add that I took the plunge after reading the various threads on the forums and opted for the 37PV500 from an online retailer.

Ordered from SS Electricals on Friday at 3pm.
    http://www.sselectricals.com/model.php?ID=2020

Delivered to my doorstep on Saturday morning at 8:15am!! :clap:

Cannot fault the company at all and would definitely deal with them again.
    They even throw in a free gold plated scart lead. You can't say fairer than that

11. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I ordered my 37PV500 from Currys.co.uk a few weeks back and it was delivered on Friday, 26th August. Very happy with the service from them so far.

It was £1619 but I used a promotional code and also I registered with www.linemypocket.co.uk who were also offering a further 5% off purchases at Currys.co.uk and I also had FREE delivery thrown in. I ended up paying around £1450 for just the plasma and a further £60 for a wall mount from MAW on the forum.

12. timdawe

timdawe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currys now seem to want £1,732.67 for the Table top stand version.

13. AndyH

AndyH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    and that was out of stock when I put in my postcode..

14. guypb

guypb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got any update on this?

I was hoping to pick one up for around £1500 as other have stated - anyone no where?

15. timdawe

timdawe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you'll be lucky to get one for £1500. Currys have put their price up since Daipac got his ("Always lowering prices" - don't think so), and they don't seem to have any.

The next price bracket is around £1900-£2000, and while there are a few websites claiming to have stock, I've yet to find one that can actually deliver.

Will be glad to be proved wrong though, so if anyone knows of a source with stock at £1500, don't keep it secret!