1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH37PE50 display input problem - help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by IR8Matt, Aug 15, 2005.

1. IR8Matt

IR8Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've had my Panasonic TH37PE50 for a couple of months now and have been really pleased with the PQ.

It seems to have developed a little problem however which I can't seem to sort out and I'm wondering whether anyone else has had this problem before I phone them up.

I have the TV to turn on to an AV channel to watch Sky rather than turn on to TV. This setting was working fine until a week or so ago and no whatever i set this to, it tuns on to TV rather than AV.

Does anyone know how I can reset everything to try and get this to work again. Its proving rather frustrating to keep switching to AV to watch Sky each time.

Thanks

Matt :lease:

2. britco

britco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    is the scart control enabled on your sky digibox?

3. IR8Matt

IR8Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks britco...

Will have to check that tonight, I think it is though as it used to work.

Having said that, I did come home to my missus telling me should couldn't get sky to work and had pressed almost every button on my Harmony 885 remote to try and get it working. She sould have changed anything! :rolleyes:

4. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +676
    I've also set the preference to go straight to AV1 where my Sky+ box is.It only switches to AV1 when you turn the TV on if the actual Digibox is switched on so basically it's a waste of time since the Digibox switches to AV1 when you turn it on anyway.

There seems to be a few differences in the way the PV500's setting work it looks like there are a few different firmware's for this set.

5. rickyb1974

rickyb1974
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Matt, slight change of topic, but I really find using the Panasonic remote a pain as the keys are so mushy, plus it needs to be pointed straight at the screen. Does the Harmony remote need to be pointed directly at the screen too, i.e. is the 'weak point' the PE50's IR sensor or is it in Panasonic's remote?

6. IR8Matt

IR8Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ricky,

I have to say I have found the Harmony great. Not to say I haven't had a few teething problems but the PE50 responds well with it, but then again i haven't had any problems with the Panny remote either.

I would highly recommend getting the Harmony 885, it makes life very easy for everything, its even wife friendly (apart from potentially messing up my PE50!)

As for getting the screen to switch to AV when it turns on, I have checked my Sky+ and the scart control is enabled so still at a loss as to why it is not working. I plan to try running the Sky+ thru my DVD recorder to AV1 to see if that solves it.

Anyone else have any bright ideas?

Thanks

Matt :lease:

7. rickyb1974

rickyb1974
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    All I can think of is to make sure the scarts are pushed in properly, and that you're using the TV scart output on the Sky box, not the VCR one.

Failing that I'd go into to the PE50's setup menu and restore to factory defaults (a bit of a pain I know)

8. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +676
    No problems at all with the PV500 remote control here.

9. greeny

greeny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's the actual screen rather than the remote I'm afraid. I have the sky+ remote set for controling the PE50 but it also need pointing straight at it, whereas the same remote controls the sky+ box while pointing almost anywhere.