1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH37PE30 Saga!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by JonathanCassar, Dec 30, 2004.

1. JonathanCassar

JonathanCassar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well after lurking about in this forum for a while I decided to take the plunge and get a Plasma!

For £1999.99 I thought the JL offer (stand/DVD recorder & 5yr waranty) seemed a great deal.

An offer is on their website here for £2,785.00 but cheadle have the same deal for £1999.99

The problem however was that no one has a TV in stock and the offer expires tomorrow.

Cheadle were happy to take the order but would charge delivery of about £100.00. They suggested I get a local JL to price match.

My Local JL Partner is canary wharf (as they are a waitrose with a JL section they declined to price match)

Oxford Street also declined to match on the basis that they only match local offers. I checked with their website and matching is in fact UK based. At this point I got fed up - phoned Cheadle as they had been straight from the start and agreed to pay delivery. They queried why I didn't price match - I explained. They said they'd get back to me! half an hour latter I got a call from the lady at cheadle who'd found someone who agreed to do the match.

So I ordered the product and am waiting for the stock to arrive.

An hour after that I got another call from someone at the price matching dept saying they couldn't do the match!

So at this point I dont know if I've got my TV on order or not...I'm annoyed though at JL as they seem to constantly change interpretations of their own rules!!

The offer expires tomorrow so I guess I'm destined not to have Plasma for a while!

2. hao

hao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw a House of Fraiser offer a couple of days ago for around the same price, that may be worth checking out.

3. theroux

theroux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think COMET are doing the Viera for £2000 but dont know if stand and DVD included. I went to JL Cheadle and they are doing it for the same price. SO if you have a local COMET store, your local JL should price match.

4. MyM

MyM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Comet I believe do it with the cabinet stand but no DVD player for 1999.

I ordered my TH37PE30 from JL watford yesterday, they price matched JL Cheadle's deal without a question stating that they will match any JL Branch, shame they had no stock :(

5. shyewei

shyewei

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Have you tried Tottenham Court Road?

I bought my 37" Viera from there (PNR near the cinema) and got the screen, cabinet and DVD recorder for £1800 - Bargain.

You lose the 5 year warranty but you've saved £200. It all fits in the back of a black cab and you can have it the same day.

Hope this helps!

6. JonathanCassar

JonathanCassar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well in the end I ordered it from Cheadle.

True, it'll cost a few quid more for shipping but they were straight from the start.

In the end I went for the TV, Stand + the DVD recorder with Hard Drive (DMRE85HEBSM) for £2250 + shipping
    A good deal I thought given the Retail of the DVD is £600 and the TV £2k
    The five year waranty is great too as that's normally another £500 or so!

I'll write a letter of complaint to JL I think its amazing I got so messed about at Oxford Street.

If They give me my shipping back I'd be happy!

7. kevin19470

kevin19470
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I ordered the panny PE37, E55, Cabinet stand, free delivery and 5 year warranty from JL Cheadle on 30th December 2004 for £1999.99 price matched with Comet.

I suggest that you go back to JL and ask them to price match, which they are obliged to do, if you find a better deal within that time scale.

You should certainly get free delivery, but of course you will pay extra for the DVD upgrade.

Hope this helps.

8. JonathanCassar

JonathanCassar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Kevin
    I got the £1999 deal but upgraded the DVD..
    It was £2148 in the end (+shipping)

I'm writing a letter so hopefully will get my shipping costs back!

9. Baz80

Baz80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You guys should be rubbing your hands i bought my pe37 in june and paid 2235 + 455 for the stand no mention of a free dvd recorder from richer sounds which i thought was a bargain at the time. Dear God perhaps i should stop looking at this website/ still a great plasma though

10. Orlando

Orlando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Baz80,
    I'm in the same boat as you. I bought my 37PE30 for £2050 plus £350 for the stand in July. I got it on 6 month interest free.
    I feel gutted as I now have to pay £2400 for what everyone else is only paying £1999 for!
    I've seen 42" PW6's for £1299 in high street shops now. When's it all going to end? You'll be getting a free plasma with your box of cereal soon.
    Oh well the joys of being an early(ish) adopter. :laugh: