1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

th37pe30 photo view mode

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by daelbert, Sep 12, 2004.

1. daelbert

daelbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all
    i am trying to view photos on my new plasma via the sd slot with no luck all i get is a message saying "no valid images" i am downloding them from a pc (xp) to a card reader. the panasonic booklet says it needs to be formatted with FAT12 or FAT16 but all i can see on my PC is FAT or FAT32 any ideas??
    great fourm, brought tv after reading your thoughts no regreats so far.

2. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi D, I think your problem might be that xp is set up for ntfs, which can be changed to fat, don't ask, hopefully somebody else will come in with some info., I was also wondering if you get text up ok in dvb mode, when I press the text button nothing happens, regards.

3. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
  4. daelbert

daelbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi starky
    thanks for your reply, the pc is in FAT mode but does not look like the right FAT i tried the link that stev p gave but it does not help much when your a bit dim like me! I have tried text in dvb and i did not get any text up either

5. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I think the pictures have to lurk within a formal directory structure as mentioned in that thread. Can you not format ur memory card in your digital camera (this should format to FAT16 I think) then copy the images across into the relevant directory?

S.

6. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi D, regarding the text, go to ch.9 in dvb mode and just wait for text to load, I'm such a dumbo, hope you get your piccy query sorted out, regards.

7. zawer612

zawer612

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

The FAT option on your PC is FAT16, you're correct in that XP tends to be setup to use NTFS but as i understand sd cards can only be formated in either FAT(16) or FAT32. The problem i would assume is that either the photo format are not supported or folders are not supported.
    Try to make sure the photos are in jpeg format (it will have a .jpeg or .jpg extension) ,as its the most common format in use. Try to make sure the photos are in the root of the sdcard (i.e- NOT in any folders, as the plasma may not support directorys)
    Also it's unlikely but make sure you can read the files back from the SDcard, might have a corrupt card?

HTH

H. Hoang

8. daelbert

daelbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys
    thanks for your replys i got on to panny uk c/s and their guy talked me through the set up, easy with him telling me what to do i had to make folders called DCIM and PANA100 or somethink like that alls working now.
    thank you

9. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    That's exactly what I said in the post a few days back :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you got it sorted :thumbsup:

S.