TH-58PX600U owners

B

bproteau

I'm trying to decide between the TH-58PX600U and the TH-50PX600U. I can't find to many owner's reviews of these models. Every store I have gone to either only has an air signal or a store DVD. I've yet to see a true digital signal through these models.

I assume reviews will be similar to smaller PX600 reviews but, I'm concerned that as the size increases the PQ may suffer. I may be way off but, I'm looking for confirmation that the PQ is equal to or better than the smaller models. The pixel pitch is larger on the 58" model.

Related to this is viewing distance. It will be 12FT on the couch and 8-9FT on the chair. I have read the facts and done additional research but, opinions vary greatly. One I've read states:

Minimum viewing distance should be 1.87 times the width
Maximum viewing distance at 5 times the width

These calculations put puts the optimal TH-58PX600U viewing distance between 8ft and 21.5FT. This differs from what others have posted and 8ft seems close. I was hoping to hear from owners that have purchased these models who could comment on their particular viewing distance experiences.
I understand much of this is personal preference but, I'd like to gather as much data as I can. I want the 58 but, I want to be certain it's not too big for my room. It may be helpful if people could post there model panny with their comfortable minimum distance. The minimum distance is my main concern.

I'm itching to buy and have definately over-researching this. I've come to grips and learned far to much about blurred images, green tinges, verticle lines, lip sync...I need to buy soon before I talk myself out of it.

Avi

Distinguished Member
bproteau said:
I'm trying to decide between the TH-58PX600U and the TH-50PX600U. I can't find to many owner's reviews of these models. Every store I have gone to either only has an air signal or a store DVD. I've yet to see a true digital signal through these models.

I assume reviews will be similar to smaller PX600 reviews but, I'm concerned that as the size increases the PQ may suffer. I may be way off but, I'm looking for confirmation that the PQ is equal to or better than the smaller models. The pixel pitch is larger on the 58" model.

Related to this is viewing distance. It will be 12FT on the couch and 8-9FT on the chair. I have read the facts and done additional research but, opinions vary greatly. One I've read states:

Minimum viewing distance should be 1.87 times the width
Maximum viewing distance at 5 times the width

These calculations put puts the optimal TH-58PX600U viewing distance between 8ft and 21.5FT. This differs from what others have posted and 8ft seems close. I was hoping to hear from owners that have purchased these models who could comment on their particular viewing distance experiences.
I understand much of this is personal preference but, I'd like to gather as much data as I can. I want the 58 but, I want to be certain it's not too big for my room. It may be helpful if people could post there model panny with their comfortable minimum distance. The minimum distance is my main concern.

I'm itching to buy and have definately over-researching this. I've come to grips and learned far to much about blurred images, green tinges, verticle lines, lip sync...I need to buy soon before I talk myself out of it.

I can't comment on the models you mention but I have a 50" Fuji P50XHA40US and my normal viewing distance is about 11'. This is a 1360x768 res panel and PQ is simply stunning from that distance esp with HD source i.e. HD-DVD. My room size is about 15'x13' and the screen is starting to look small. I think 58" - 65" plasma or a PJ is the way forward.

AVI

B

bproteau

Thanks for the comments Avi - When you get a chance can you estimate the closest you would feel comfortable watching you 50". My girlfriend likes to get up close and I'd like to know how close she could get before pixelization becomes too much. Again, I know this as much an individual experience as anything else but, I'm still curious what others have found.

Top Bottom