TH-50PHD8 - Running-In Settings Please

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Ive just setup my new plasma and need some advice on settings for running-in period please...

Whats best to set the picture to: Normal, Dynamic or Cinema ?

And whats advisable for the Contrast, Brightness and Colour etc etc...

In Advanced settings what about Black Extension & Gamma ?

Any other helpful tips would be great!

Cinema with Contrast and Brightness about 40%, ran my 42PV500 for 200 hrs like this and have had no problems with retention....

thanks alot. How do i check to see how many hours it has been running?

Firstly go and buy a test disc . Digital Video Essentials is probably the one you want.This will help you set your levels correctly.

Gamma 2.5 , leave black extension off ; all it does is clip of low intensity detail. Colour temp on Low is closest to 6500K.

You can put a few clicks of black extension on, maybe up to 3? You need to have a freeze frame of a dark movie, Harry Potter maybe, to see the effect of this, and the gamma in conjunction. All the settings are interrelated of course, one affects the others.

I've been trying to get a DVE disc from the dvd sales forum but it doesn't seem like anyone wants to part with theirs so i will have to buy one from somewhere.

Currently my settings are on:

Cinema Mode; Contrast -10, Brightness : -10, Colour -5, Tint 0, Sharpness 0, White Balance Normal, Black Extension 0, Input Level 0, Gamma 2.0, AGC Off (whats AGC?)

How do i check the hours?

MAW, I stand corrected, S-Video isn't so bad after all is it! ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom