Th-42pz80b, V+ box, DMR-EX78 DVD/HDD, Sky+ box

ghanagirl

Standard Member
Hi guys
I need help connecting all my kit together please.

Tv Pan TH-42PZ80b
Virgin + box
Panasonic DMR-EX78 Hdd/dvd recorder
SKY+ box (free channels only)
I really want to use the record direct tv feature on the DMR-EX78 to record SKY+ free to air channels like itv2+1 etc that i cannot recieve on my virgin box.

Thanks
angelina

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Do you also want to record from V+ as well? If you do, I would imagine that you would need a SCART Switch box of some description in order to share the DVD Recorder input. If not, you could simply connect the Sky+ via SCART (TV) to the DVD Recorder and then run another SCART cable from the DVD Recorder (in addition to the HDMI cable) so you can have passthrough to watch Sky+ when the DVD Recorder is in standby. There are loads of ways of doing this.

Denarius

Hi Davepuma, as this is a configuration thread... :D

Did you get your Harmony One set up to operate your Sky HD box? I can't work how to get the backup function working on the Harmony One and I use this all the time. I've got an Amstrad DRX780UK HD box and the Harmony product list didn't list this. As we have a similar set up thought you may be able to help.

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom