TH-42PZ80 and PZ85 difference(s) please

V

vwgolfman

Hi,
Please can you clever people tell me whether the ONLY difference between the TH-42PZ80 and PZ85 is that the PZ85 includes IFC?

Are there any other differences?
Is it true that pretty much everybody who owns a PZ85 turnes off the IFC anyway?

As you can probably tell although I would like a PZ85 I'm not sure I can quite justify spending the dosh :D

Kind thanks for your time.

golfman,
I was in your boat a few weeks ago, and posed the same question on here.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/902985-pz80-pz85.html

Replies were very helpful, and helped me in my decision, but I also took the advice from hdtvtest which put the 80 above the 85. The other difference is 24fps playback, but don't think you can justify the extra for that alone, as you say IFC is mainly turned off. I think the sound may be better from TV speakers on the 85, but I have mine running through my amp so not a problem.
HDTV Selector: Which Is The Best LCD/ Plasma TV To Buy?

I got the PZ80 last Saturday and have to say that I think it is a fantastic screen, with a fantastic picture. I was lucky enough to get on the John Lewis price match and ended up paying only £599 for it (currently £999 in JL!!!:eek:), but search around and keep checking on this forum for the best prices that people find. I'd have paid more if it wasn't for this site.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom