th-42px70 question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by manley85, Sep 22, 2007.

1. manley85

manley85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,i was looking at this plasma today and i was really impressed with the picture quality in hd and sd,better than any lcd in sd by a mile but the only problem i have is the size of my room.With this tv in my room i would be about 4 to 5 feet away from it.Now i know there is a 37 aswell but i would like to have the 42 so would you think it would be ok from that distance or should i get the 37.

2. NinjaMonkeyUK

NinjaMonkeyUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    I sit 5 feet away from my TH-37PX70. I had a 42" on trial from work & it was just too big. You will feel like you need to shift your head back from your seating position at that distance.

Trust me, a 37" TV is definitely the right size at that viewing distance. I felt like I couldn't take the whole picture in without scanning across & up / down the screen when I was watching the 42".

When I have my own place & I don't need to have my TV in my bedroom, I will definitely get a 42" (maybe even a 50"), but as it is, with a 6 foot distance from one wall to the other, my plasma hung on the wall, 37" is definitely the right size.

3. Slyboy

Slyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I have the 42" PX70 and sit about 9 feet away and thats fine. I wouldnt want to be much closer though...