Th-42px60b darkness problems

toocan

Standard Member
Reaction score
i bought a Th-42px60b 3 weeks back which im very pleased with it.

set the output to cinema with brightness contrast etc. at about 40 / 45 % for the run in period..picture looks fine on all images that are well lit however any films / games etc. where there is darkness everything just appears black ie. no detail just blackness. whats the best way to recify this other than turning up brightness ( im only about 60 hours into run in period )

help / suggestion appreciated

The depth of black in the 9th gen panny panels fluctuates depending upon the brightness of the content being displayed on the screen.
But the problem you have reported is regarding black level retention in which the panasonics have been ruling. Please check with the service engineer.

If you want THE PERFECT PICTURE go for Pioneer PDP-4270 / 427HX or SONY KD60XBR1.

my fault maybee i didnt explain well enough.. the tv isnt retaining the darkness... its just like theres poor contrast in the dark areas of the tv e.g. dark areas are just resolved as black... and im wondering if cranking up the contrast will have any adverse effects during run in

help / sugggestions apprecaited

lgans316
The depth of black in the 9th gen panny panels fluctuates depending upon the brightness of the content being displayed on the screen.

kinda funny that my hitachi 7200 gets brighter all the time on dark scenes
kinda distracting
thought it was just a ALIS panel thing !

You need to turn up the brightness, not the contrast.

I don't see the harm, as having something on-screen is better for running-in and burn-in prevention than dark nothingness.

lgans316 said:
But the problem you have reported is regarding black level retention in which the panasonics have been ruling. Please check with the service engineer.

If you want THE PERFECT PICTURE go for Pioneer PDP-4270 / 427HX or SONY KD60XBR1.

im very doubtful the pioneer or sony will produce any more than a bigger hole in your bank account tbph :) also unless im mistaken it is an 8 series panel.

the picture simply needs adjusting, if you cant wait to run it in an easy way to do it quickly is to leave it on with snow (untuned station) ect. will soon clock up the hours :thumbsup:

weird, double post deleted

Hi toocan

what sources are you using exactly? If a console, which and via which connection? Same for your Tv/DVD source.

bongpig said:
Hi toocan

what sources are you using exactly? If a console, which and via which connection? Same for your Tv/DVD source.

xbox 360 games, and films or programmes shot at night via SD sky box

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom