TH-42PWD8 or LG 42PX3RVA HELP!!

peacemakerdan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate some advice as I want a Plasma screen and have no more than 1300 to buy it.
There are so many available pulling my hair out trying to decide.
Any advice would be very appreciated.
Cheers Dan

Thanks for reply Peabo,
I notice AV sales have it for 1295 including wall mount special for Forum.

Think this is good offer can`t find TH-42PWD8 on Panasonic site any ideas not seen any reviews.
Cheers Dan

Needing to plug into SKY and have a DVD with 5.1 do I need to buy extra Boards etc will apeakers do

Dan - if you post the details of your DVD and related 5.1 surround sound system then we may be able to offer more advice. The PWD8 is a lovely screen but there are loads of different ways of connecting.

So far we understand that you have Sky and an all in one DVD and 5.1 Surround sound system, what model, what else would you be considering connecting?

if it's a dvd recorder then you can plug Sky into that and then out via component & into the plasma's VGA port with an adapter. If not, buy a scart board for Sky & do component to VGA for the DVD.

Hi and thanks again,
I have at present a JVC XV-THA5R player with small 5.1 surround speakers..prob need changing soon.
Will prob want to hook X Box in now and then too.

Have talked to Ben at AV Sales who was very helpful and also mentioned that I could use my existing speakers for normal Sky viewing so don`t have to spend another 230 on panel speakers, but I would need a JS RGB VGA Converter ,JS MASTER SCART CONTROLLER....plus leads.....Total= £1500 ..Maybe now better getting LG with HD and connections same sort of price???

I wouldn't reccomend an LG over a Panasonic. The PWD is possibly the best quality SD plasma out there. If you can stretch your budget, you will not be disappointed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom