1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH-42PWD7BS Problems

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Gussie, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Had my TH-42PWD7BS a few days now !

PQ very good as expected!

BUT Got two issues.

1. Crap S-Video and Composite Video via the SCART module - lots of diagonal lines crawling across the screen - it has been reported here in the forum as a Panasonic glitch - Colour Subcarrier not being filtered out properly. RGB signal IS OK though - no complaints there! As for S-Video/Composite - nothing I can do about this, I'll have to live with it. I want to keep Input 1 for RGB, Input 2 for Component and Input 3 - spare. Also I refuse to use the JS RGB to VGA box since I want full control of Colour saturation and Aspect control on RGB sources. Panasonic should really have fixed this by now.

2. I'm using an Acoustic Energy AEGO 2 active speaker system to get sound from the panel - One big problem - place the AEGO Sub-Woofer unit anywhere near the panel and you get buzzing from the two AEGO Satelite speakers. You have to move the AEGO Sub-Woofer unit some 5 feet away before the buzzing subsides. The Satellite speakers can be anywhere - it's the Sub-Woofer unit that is picking up the interference. Unfortunately, AV-Sales have no knowledge of this issue. Same thing happens with a cheapo Creative Labs active speaker system. Seems the panel radiates a fair amount of EM interference. Tried everything - down to just the panel on its own with no connections - the AEGO on its own with no connections - switch on AEGO, then as soon as you power on the panel, the buzzing starts. Anyone else seen similar things happen with plasmas and active speaker systems..

Grappling with these two issues and the HDMI/Sky HD fiasco has rather taken the shine off my new toy!

AV-Sales to their credit are trying to help but nothing is resolved yet.

Gussie :thumbsdow

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Get an Iscan HD and be done with it (or lumagen)
    Get the video board (scart is crap)
    Aspect control with JS box can be achieved... (Why do you want full control of colour satuartion???) RGB sources and RGBHV dont require this........
    What composite sources are you using??????? only VHS and old consoles cannot output better and VHS looks rubbish on a 42"