1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH-42PWD7BS does it have in built scart?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bigval, Jan 25, 2005.

1. bigval

bigval

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Want to run sky,dvd and console thru my screen when I get round to ordering.
    I am not buying an amp at the moment as funds are tight. Will get one next month.
    So was wondering if it has a built in scart or I have to buy the terminal board too......?
    The package I am getting has 2 component inputs so I believe...what are the right cables to use from sky+ to component?
    And are there cheaper versions that £60? I know you get what you pay for but at the mo I just want to be basic til I get the cash together for more power.

Any help is appreciated.

I have turned away from the LGPX11 now because of the inconsistancy of opinions on lip sync and PQ.

:)

2. Supersonic72

Supersonic72
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The only interface as standard on the Panny is the VGA 15-pin socket
    so anything else is an additional slot-card...

3. d0mj4y

d0mj4y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Stevie, in response to your signature.

What about the decision to use VHS over Betamax. I'd say that was a step backwards. :)

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    the dual component board allows one component connection...if your dvd is a recorder and has component out an option is to run sky via the recorder and component from the recorder to the component board on the panny. I believe that if you get the scart board it has just one scart socket so you may need a scart switch if component is not an option. Depending on which amp you get will change your connection options.