1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH-42PWD6BX and speakers

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by docfeelgood, Nov 5, 2004.

1. docfeelgood

docfeelgood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Looking at this plasma to replace my TV (PANA TX36PF10 - which I'm selling).

I can see a lot of posts here regarding this plasma and connections.

My questions are quick and simple.

1. I would prefer to have the speakers attached to the screen (the plasma will be sitting on a cabinet of some sort). Are the speakers TY-SP42P5W any good? as they are rather pricey.

2. Do these speakers need a separate amp? .. or can you just plug your audio sources speakers via the plasma and forget about a separate amp/receiver.

3. Once I've bought the panel, boards, switching requirements, cables, cabinet etc...... would I be better off buying a viera as a replacement TV?

best regards
    :)

Doc

2. dannyboy23

dannyboy23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a small amp in the Panny6 (so I believe) so you can run these speakers without the need for an amp.

I have heard the speakers are ok. The reason I have gone for them is pretty simple, another seperate speakers would have looked bad in my room...this was my only real choice!

D

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Veira is designed to replace TV's a panel is more flexible (complex) and really suited to being a display in a HC system not a telly. so you may be better off with the Veira