1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH-42PWD6 input changing bug, help needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Ged, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have just bought a Harmony 885 remote and set it it up to control all the kit. It does everything well, really pleased except for a problem with the plasma.

The problem relates to the input switching, it is consistent but has two ways of working, if the input is set to PC the sequence of input presses gives Input 1 twice, i.e.

Input1-Input1-Input2-Input3-PC and so on.

If I go from Input3 it doesn't duplicate Input1, i.e.

Input3-PC-Input1-Input2-Input3

The problem is now making the macros switch to the wrong input, I can work around it but would appreciate any help, could there be a menu tweak as the instructions only show a continuous loop with no mention of Input1 duplication?

I have set up an extra input for the remote, this works in one respect but is cancelled by the second sequence.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Is your input 1 a scart board by any chance. I had a similar big problem trying to get my Pronto to switch inputs between PC, scart and component on my PWD6. In the end we physically changed the order of the boards putting the scart board last and everything worked. I have since found out that te scart boards need two input presses, one for RGB/composoite and again for S-Video. This is what is probably causing you your problems.

Teresa

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    It would seem the solution is to have the macro go "PC" then the amount of INPUT commands you need to get where you want to go. PC is a discrete command so you always go to the same point to start your cycle. That way it will not matter what input you are on when you start.

Gordon

4. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    This is what I have done. My macros start at PC followed by the number of input presses required. Just remember that the scart board uses two input commands. This is what messed my macros up.

Teresa

5. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks for the replies, it does have a scart board, the plasma has a PC input which is being used by Sky via a convertor, Humax on scart input 1, Denon amp on Input 2 and DVD on input 3 component.

It took a long time to work out what was going on, the problem I have is when an activity changes from DVD to Pvr it drops the second Input 1 pulse, I have added an extra input to the remote set up to cover the double input 1, so it looses synch sometimes.

Sorry it's a bit long winded but it isn't the end of the world, I have used a Pronto for years without macros so I shouldn't moan at one extra button. Thanks for the info on the scart board, I may move it over. Can I use inputs 1&2 for the component board and input 3 for scart?

Gordon, do you mean using PC as a reset setting then pulsing through to the others rather than just cycling round using the INPUT button code?

Regards,

Ged.

6. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    Ged: Exactly. The way to make macro's robust is to make sure they always start from a known point. You have a discrete IR command for PC input so you can fire off PC then 0.3 sec or 0.5 sec delay then input then delay then input etc to create macros' to get to each input you require....easy peasy.

Gordon

7. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    OK thanks, the website sets up these codes/macros/activities etc. I will need to have a look and work it out. It gives examples of how different brands get to AV inputs, I may need to redesign it based on one that allways fires to AV then a second code for the up cycle.
    Thanks for the help, having some time off from it this evening! Sin City to watch at 8pm when my on call session ends.