1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH-42PHD7 Extras

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by BillBailey, Nov 20, 2004.

1. BillBailey

Standard Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I've been lurking here for a while with a view to getting a flat screen. Every day I have come up with a different best solution, but finally I have been convinced that the Panny TH-42PHD7 is the best that I can get at my budget. I have Sky+, an ancient Sony DVD (which I'll replace after Xmas) and an even older VCR that is hardly used these days. The screen will have to last me quite a while so needs to be future proof, which if I understand the threads here, the Panny will do. So, two queries:

1. A scaler seems to be a necessary. So do I go for the DVDO Iscan HD or the Cinemateq Plus II? Cosmetically I prefer the latter, but the lip sync option on the HD would be great (to start with the sound will go through my stereo system).

2. We use digital still cameras (Nikon & Sony) and it is nice at the end of the day to review our photos on the big screen. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced reader that could be connected to the Panny/scaler and preferably be controlled by a remote? I know that I can connect the cameras but that means sitting too close to the screen.

Sorry for the verbiage.