TH-42PE30 Viera

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Brian3222, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Brian3222

Brian3222

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I'm getting that slightly concerned feeling that I'm doing the wrong thing - I've got my TH-42PE30 Viera ordered and will be paying for it and collecting it this weekend. I think I got a reasonably good deal - £2250 which included a wall bracket. The problem is that websites such as AV-Sales are advertising that a HD version of this TV will be available in May (though will probably be later). I don't think I can wait any longer for the plasma, it has been put off for long enough. Am I mad to go ahead with the current model when the HD version looms?
    I get my reception through NTL so the chances of them being in a position to transmit HD signals within the next 5 years is probably pretty remote anyway.
    Any expert advive would be appreciated. Cheers.

3 days and counting..........

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Personally, I would wait for the new models. Even though I have a TH-37PE30 and I am thoroughly pleased with it, I bought in June of last year. If I were to in the position of purchasing today, I would hold off for the PV500 range Vieras to be released. Just my 2 penneth.

S.

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,152
    I have to agree with Steve_P on this too. I also have the current 37” Viera but am extremely tempted to upgrade to a HD 37” in anticipation of Sky HD and the next-gen dvd players. Don’t get me wrong, I am very happy with the current model - the dvd picture via component is brilliant. It’s just that considering I only bought the tv 4 months ago, I feel the HD model will have longer ‘shelf-life’ in our household.

If I was in your position I really would resist the urge and hold out a few months. :)

4. buzzby

buzzby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what you have is an amazing deal, In my opionion it is not worth waiting for HD tv, it will be really expensive anyway for the service.

Get it you will not be disappointed - FACT