TH-42PE30 Viera - Prices

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Brian3222, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Brian3222

Brian3222

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Prices for the TH-42PE30 seem to be coming down at a dramatic rate; the anticipated arrival of the HD model is already be making an impact. I have just been offered a spanking new model for £2100 to include the viera-specific wall bracket (which can cost upwards on £120). No pedestal or floor stand included.

Is there anyone out there with words of caution for dealing with non-panasonic dealers offering TVs at these knock-down prices? I've been told that the TV is sealed in the orignal packing, it's not an ex-demo, ex-display or repaired-return and has full Uk spec with 1-year guarantee. Are their any other assurities I should make.

Many thanks for any advice.
    B.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    where are you getting it from?

3. Brian3222

Brian3222

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Belfast, N Ireland
    It's a general electrics shop; well established and a pretty good reputation. They sell all sorts of plasmas and LCDs as well as every other elctrical item under the sun. I don't know who their source is but will be able to find out this evening before I hand over the money.
    Any other questions I should ask to avoid being ripped off?

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    ok, well probably the best thing before you buy is to get warranty details from them. Ask what thier returns policy is if there is a problem and wether or not you can have that in writing.
    Is it possible to have it delivered to thier shop and see it working there before you hand over any money. I doubt you will have any problems, but if you really are not sure about them, dont deal with them.. you pays your money you takes your choice.
    I bought my plasma from avsales. why not check out thier website before you make any buying decision.

5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    edit:

Not sure if avsales will delivery to your neck of the woods, still it might be worth giving them a ring.

6. Brian3222

Brian3222

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke with AV-sales - £2250 viera + £130 wall bracket + £90 delivery

The delivery costs for plasmas to N Ireland means we cant expect the deals you guys get