1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH-37PW7BX - Scart board problems

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by apgibbo, Apr 9, 2005.

1. apgibbo

apgibbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folks,

My first post - Im chuffed to bits with this TV (apart from the fact that calling it a TV is stretching it as the wife doesn't find it too user friemdly!)

I've got a HTPC inputting to the VGA terminal, and I had a free Scart Terminal Board - which houses my input from SKY. All was fine this morning, however I switched the TV on an hour later and I cannot get any input to the Scart - Tried the sky box, DVD player 2 different scart leads but nothing. Also through the modulator sky seems to be fine - is the scart board knackered or am I doing something really dumb.

Also am I right in thinking the TV has an amplifier and no speakers - if so apart from the 300 quid pannies in there any other speakers I can use as I don't want to always use my amp - the wife would find it easier.

Many thanks,

ADrian

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    does sound like problem with the scart board as there aren't many things you can get wrong with the settngs....and yes it does have an amp so any decent speakers can be used (or not decent even!!) :)....they don't have to be fitted to the panel.....and the fixed ones kind of ruin teh looks anyway. I've taught my lot how to turn an amp on!

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    try removing scart boards and putting back in and perhaps try a different slot....

4. apgibbo

apgibbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks both of you for quick replies - i'll try removing later - also is there anywhere which has goob info on this panel?

My brother has a 37" vierea - PE30 I think and apart from the obvious - i'd like to find the differences

5. apgibbo

apgibbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    doing that worked thanks for helping me out,

Adrian

6. Davidgilmour

Davidgilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    you can use 2 anthony gallo micro speakers, they look good on the screen, check my screen out in the show your plasmas to the lads thread.