1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TH-37PW7 versus 37PE30

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Northern Monkey, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Northern Monkey

Northern Monkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Help- I am a complete newbie to all of this. I had sort of decided that I was going to get the Panasonic 37PE30 (42" ruled out by missus as too big for lounge- although until I started lurking around here I didnt realise that there are actually sound reasons for not buying something to large viz a viz viewing distance). Anyway whilst looking for a price I came across this forum and having trawled through the threads there appears to have been much discussion on both of the above models. Having read this with interest and having been sort of educated I came round to the view that really do I need the plasma telly or will a display suffice specially as its a few quid cheaper.

What I really dont understand though is what extra bits I need to rig up the display (eg what on earth is a terminal board etc- presumably links the inputs to display but there seem to be 100s of permutations). I have an NTL cable box; a panasonic DVD with surround sound which we currently listen to the rubbish old telly through; a VCR hardly ever used and dispensable if it will cause a problem.

Any guidance in words of one syllable for a complete luddite would be greatly appreciated. (or should I just get the PE30 as its idiot proof).

And is charcoal better than silver?

Cheers

Northern

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    colour choice is up to ypu mate i would always buy a panel.... for a family suggest a Veira (PE30).......
    What panny system do you have? I think you would need an RGB>VGA box for ntl and either a component board for panny (PW7 range has 2-3 slots that you can slect the input so you could have a scart, but if youe needed an extra VGA input have one instead)

3. Northern Monkey

Northern Monkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Dragon

Thanks for this- I was being facetious re colour as its the limit of my knowledge. I'm afraid your explanation is not as one syllable as I was hoping for- if my cable box and DVD (no idea what system but it cost about £500 3 yeaars ago so not exactly state of art) both plug into the telly with scart sockets do I not just get two scart sockets for the displsay. What is this RGB thing you refer to??

Any further comments greatly appreciated.

Cheers

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215