TH-37PE30 conv HDMI to Component?

avcar

Established Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
It doesn't work and can actually damage your equipment so do not use this under any circumstances.

Like many other unusual cable connection combinations on ebay this only works for the rare examples where the source is able to output the correct signal for the destination over an unconventional socket type.

You will need to look for a proper active converter for this task, they exist, but they are not cheap.

Thanks for the warning Mark, was only using the eBay link as a guide
how about using the Monitor d-sub? out on the Acer to compontent?

my Plasma has progressive scan if thats any help
any links?

thanks again

Last edited:
Hello avcar

Does the Display have a PC Input (most likely VGA) or is this one of the horrible units that lacked a PC input?

Joe

yes it does sadly however its in the front! dont ask me why i dont wont to leave the flap open etc

Hello avcar

I knew there was something 'wrong' with the VGA Input on that unit!!!

The problem is the image you get when viewing a PC source via the VGA port is likely to be a lot better than the image you view taking the VGA/DVI/HDMI output of a PC and passing it through a converter and then reprocessing in the Display.

I remember now folk coming up with right angled low profile VGA plugs for that unit!

Are you looking to surf the web, run email etc or just play back video files from the Laptop?

Ensure any Laptop your looking at with an HDMI Output delivers video + sound via HDMI - some folk seem to end up with a unit that only delivers video via the HDMI socket!!!

Joe

no i dont unfortunatley, cant even find anything on google either :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom