• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TFT woes!!!

dodger747

Right cutting a long story short, my 17" BenQ TFT is cream crackered. So I'm in the market for a new one. However, as I didn't expect it to break so suddenly I'm out of touch as to what is a good monitor these days.

So can someone recommend a good quality 17" TFT that has a headphone socket and is around the £200 mark. It will be used to connect my PC and 360 to it, so response rate has to be 8ms or better.

I have had a look around the usual sites but I'm after peoples specific experiances with the 360.

Many thanks:thumbsup:

yep thats a great one too! the one i showed you would only be useful if you wanted to use it as a TV aswell because it is a good tv and pc monitor

dodger747

The ACER screen looks very good actually.

Think thats the one for me. Now where's my credit card...:thumbsup:

ScotRacer

Standard Member
If you really want to get the most out of your 360, and similar results on the PC, I would have to recommend the Samsung 940MW which Michael gave the link to.

I have this TV/Monitor for my 360 and since it is Widescreen it will give you true high definition (yes the res is 1440x900 which is 720p so the image will be rescaled still giving you excellent results) and using the VGA input for the PC. Now this monitor is also HD Ready due to the fact it has HDCP enabled DVI-D port so is future proof, well almost!

dodger747

Yeah I ended up with the Acer and just bought a 3.5mm coupler negating the need for a headphone socket.

TBH I'm really impressed, especially for the price:thumbsup:

SagaLout

I also have the acer. Very pleased with it. I use it as a backup for when I cant play xbox in the living room. Now if only PC game developers would dort out consistent widescreen support :(

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom