1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tft tv as a pc monitor ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by pgard16, Dec 4, 2004.

1. pgard16

pgard16
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am interested in buying a 26" tft tv to use as a pc monitor, mainly for gaming, i have seen a sharp aquos setup and it looked pretty good. i am not really sure what i need to look for though, I have a Ati x800pro graphics card and have been thinking of either the sharp Aquos 26" Widescreen LCD TV
    LC26GA3E http://www.sharp.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=909 or LG RZ26LZ50 http://uk.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.d...0&model=NOTHING Would either of these be ok to use as a decent quality pc monitor, i would not use the tv functions much though but would be nice to have a decent tv in my office.

2. Skiny

Skiny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'd be better off with a proper monitor imo.

Most LCD TVs have low, unusual resolutions.

3. gnudi

gnudi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont forget these are tv sets before monitors...
    Gaming would be ok but surfing or working will burn your eyes in 1 hour...
    And check the prices for pc monitors in 20/23"! If there such a difference it isnt just marketing!

4. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    sort of agree but my friend has the sharp and the picture quality through the pc is amazing,about burning your eyes ive got to admit it all depends on how far away you are sitting.also the sharp is about £950 you could get the 32inch for £1250

5. pgard16

pgard16
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would be about 24" from screen, i see the 32" set up but thought it would be a bit big as a monitor for that close, more interested in the quality than anything else as i will still have another monitor to use a 19" samsung but want a bigger screen for gaming.

6. gnudi

gnudi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just tried my 30WL46 via DVI and I must admit I was wrong , the image is really excellent... I havent succeeded switching to 1280x768 using powerstrip yet but in 1024x768 , the picture was already beautiful and extremely sharp (I didnt thing I would have this result). So one could even work on Word or surf without any problem (yes you wont be too close and maybe not work for hours but I was really amazed)...
    The one that doesnt recognize when he's wrong is an idiot :D

7. pgard16

pgard16
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks i will just have to see what tv to try, just dont want spend money and just end up with another tv as i dont need it for that